Sign in to follow this  
black66

ABS VAGCOM codes

Right,

My ABS warning light did used to stay on all the time.

These were the results of VAGCOM:

G47- Front Left Wheel Sensor Mechanical Malfunction/Signal outside specification.

G46/44 - Rear Sensors

G100 - Brake pedal position sensor.

Voltage Supply B+

Apologies for vaguness but this stuff was written down on a scrap of paper in the dark.

Anyhow, I decided to approach things a step at a time. Faulty front sensor has now been replaced. Now the warning light is intermittently coming on. Some journeys it will never come on, sometimes from just after start up.

Which failiure is likely to be causing this?

Cheers

:)

Dave

I don't think the brake pedal sensor activates the abs light but a faulty wheel sensor would. If it's intermittent though, the sensor might need cleaning, as it's magnetic and attracts a lot of dirt.

The brake pedals sensor does activate the light but it doesn't deactivate the ABS pump like the wheels sensors do. When that goes, the ABS doesn't know where the pedal is in relation to braking force and will activate the pump prematurely at low speeds.

Check the BPS's small 2 pin plug on the brake servo first. If the error is still present, replace the sensor. It costs £45 GBP and comes as a kit with various piston spacers, seals and C clips.

If my abs sensor is gone, can i not just reset it thru VAG COM to get the light disappear? i havent got the funds now to purchase a sensor, but the light is like a UFO in my face, espcially at night,

Try to ignore the light, believe me, once it's been on for a few weeks you won't notice whether it's on or off...

Anyway, if you clear the error, it'll just come back...

GAFFA TAPE TO THE RESCUE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup, the light is seriously bright and annoying, and I don't particularly like ABS anyway so I now have a small piece of gaffa stuck over it to hide the light... Almost looks factory! ;) :oops:

Remember, ALL problems can be solved with the correct application of Gaffa tape! 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

You could always go to the dealer and buy a blanking plate for the dash.. pop out the ABS light module, pop in the blanking plate.. bingo, no more MOT failures due to poxy ABS problems.. ;)

The light is SUPPOSED to be really bright to remind you that your wheels will lock up if you stamp on the brakes! :)

Got VAG-COM ABS code 00532 Supply Voltage B+ as well. Did anybody have an answer to that one. Tis the only fault that comes up but light is on and no ABS. 94 VR6

The brake pedals sensor does activate the light but it doesn't deactivate the ABS pump like the wheels sensors do. When that goes, the ABS doesn't know where the pedal is in relation to braking force and will activate the pump prematurely at low speeds.

Hmmm my ABS light comes on every so often, had the codes read and it said it was the brake pedal sensor, i've tested it and found that when the abs light is on the ABS doesn't work....mines a late 94 VR.

Hmmm my ABS light comes on every so often, had the codes read and it said it was the brake pedal sensor, i've tested it and found that when the abs light is on the ABS doesn't work....mines a late 94 VR.

The handbook also says that the ABS is disabled whenever the light is on, but mine's never thrown a pedal position sensor fault so I can't confirm or deny... (Erm, yet.)

yep the pedal position sensor will put the light on but the abs will still work just erratically :mad:

check your relays above the glove box and the two fuses there as thats where your B+ supply is :?

also try disconnecting the module for a few minutes and reconnect, its in the passenger footwell kick panel

good luck and remember even if you fix the fault you need to clear the codes or it will keep flashing

The codes will be permanently stored, true, but once the problem has been fixed, the ABS light will go out. Just make sure next time you take it the garage they don't read off old codes and replace the bits you've already replaced... :)

Got VAG-COM ABS code 00532 Supply Voltage B+ as well. Did anybody have an answer to that one. Tis the only fault that comes up but light is on and no ABS. 94 VR6

Supply voltage error can come from a dodgy earth or if you've ever had a flat battery! Best clear it and see if it comes back.

Thanks all. Yes, seems to be ABS relay 79 (grey one) that is not closing. Won't be able to get one till monday to be sure. It cheked out on multimeter OK at the start but went back to it and it didn't close when bridged on battery. Doh!!

Do the European Corrado VR6 abs systems deactivate under any type of malfunction that triggers the warning light? Corradovr6sc mentioned that a faulty wheel speed sensor could shut down the abs system. Henny also mentioned to me in another thread that a faulty abs system does not mean your brakes will completely fail. Being from the states, i've learned that my VR6 requires a functioning abs system (hydralic pump) to have power assisted brakes. If the hydralic pump doesn't work, I will have hard brakes.

So... i'm asking based on euro spec corrados

1) Do you still have power assist even when the abs pump isn't working?

2) If so, do you have a separate brake booster?

Currently, my abs pump will not kick on EVER, and it's driving me mad. I've cleared all error messages, including my speed sensor errors, but the pump still will not kick after turning the key.

teng3, the euro Corrado includes a brake servo assist unit. We get brake assistance (i.e. light pedal) just supplied from the engine vacuum. The ABS pump is merely required to keep the ABS system functioning.

Sure everybody is bored to death by now but to close......Relay 79 failure caused error code--power supply B+. Dont know if all euro VR6s are the same but ABS is a Teves 4 which is a standard servo assist system with traction control and abs added. The pump I have never runs except when the abs or traction control are needed. Very happy now fixed and all error codes deleted