Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

New engine`

I have a friend with a tired g60, but brilliant engine. What is the process of dropping it into my 2.0, and what else would need to be changed to my car to do so?

I understand it would be better to go to a speicalist for this, but how much would i expect to pay for fitment and resale of the 16v engine?????

I have a friend with a tired g60, but brilliant engine. What is the process of dropping it into my 2.0, and what else would need to be changed to my car to do so?

I understand it would be better to go to a speicalist for this, but how much would i expect to pay for fitment and resale of the 16v engine?????

IMO, I'd sell the 16v and buy a good G60(not easy to find, I know), otherwise the cost will be prohibitive (unless you do it all yourself) and you'll only end up with a car difficult to insure anyway.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but you really need the cars side by side to get everything you need off the G60 and your 16v lump is only worth 3 or 400 quid max anyway. I don't reckon it's worth the potential cost and hassle. :(

David.

I suppose it depends how much you like your 16v and what you have done to it?

If its already fairly modified and you dont mind getting your hands dirty then go for it!

its too slow. Need the turbo, even if belt driven. Ive put the car up for sale,and have had some interest, but it is in really good condition. Thats y id consider dropping a lump into it. Gna have to think abputit, my little brop has a mk2 gti, with mk3 engine and tuned to 191(gti show car). I need to play catch up!

you can get 200hp out of a 2ltr 16v,,,

How is that possible??????? My brother has a mk2 with a 2.0 16v conversion and he psuheing 190.

I need to catch up man, its a fooking g reg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that possible???????

a big hairy set of webbers and some intelligent management will get you close - be kinda noisy tho :D

Was speaking to an old mate at Ragley about valvers .... he's got a MK2 16V with 9A block etc and with Schrick 268/274 cams, it was pushing 186bhp.....but he took them off cause his 150 ft/lbs moved up to 6000 rpm almost..... he hated it the way it drove with big cams, and Schrick assymetrics aren't mega wild by any means!

I've seen a genuine 198bhp 2.0 valver but it used throttle bodies, 300 degree Crane Cams, DTA, full balancing & blue printing, 4-2-1 header, flowed head and manifolds, titanium valve springs and solid lifters.... It was built for track use but it was totally unusable on the road.

Aim for about 175-180 for more tractable engine...

we have built a mk2 golf on throttle bodies on DTA management with shrick cams, 2ltr bottom end (9a) flowed head, 4 branch manifold and it puts oput 198bhp, (on a new engine) it has loads of torque from 3000 rpm and is awesome, another chap in the club has a mk2 golf gti 2ltr 16v on Kjet and that is 204 hp, again with shed loads of torque from low down, (all on stealths rollers set up by vince) the 2 ltr 16v is often an underestimated engine capebla of producing good power and torque, :D

Kev is speaking about the same guy - Gary had nothing but trouble when he put the Shricks in, but that is in part caused by the lack of other parts/developement at the same time. a 2L valver can produce good power, but its need investment in time and money. a good 180bph is possible with limited mods and they drive exceedingly well

I see I get a mention on the "How to fix your stalling 16V" page, LOL!

Haven't spoken to Gary for yonks..... was good to catch up with him again :lol: