Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Name that hose!

So this hose has split (notice Gaffer tape repair job) and my C is currently pissing it's coolant into the engine bay.

My question to you is, what hose is this (part number) and how much of the assembly do I have to actually buy? I think it may be part 1H0 121 157 H, but I'm not 100% sure. Any other suggestions?

Just ordered one of those myself from the ever helpful Mr Newbury.

£25

It's the upper heater matrix to head to throttle hose.

But mine is leaking at the throttle body though. That particular hose is prone to going due to excessive heat soak from the manifold and engine movement.

Mine p1ssed out 3 litres of coolant by the time I reached cambridge on the way to Ragley! But it was my fault tho as I didn't do a very good job of the post-throttle body bypass repair.

PM Nelson Wilbury for a part number as he's a whizz on ETKA. But I'm collecting mine tomorrow so will let you know the P/N.

Ah nice one Kev. Scared the crap out of me when I pulled to a stop and huge cloud of steam bellowed out from under the bonnet!

I'll PM Nelson now, cos I really could do with a new hose ASAP :) In the mean time, a large bottle of water will be going to work with me.

Quite amusing really......picture the scene.... on the way to Ragley doing 100mph toying with a Golf TDI on the A14 near Cambridge and I say to Supercharged "I can smell G12+" LOL.... how sad is that? Most people say "What's that weird smell?" but us being geeks, we knew straight away it was burnt G12+! LOL!

Quite amusing really......picture the scene.... on the way to Ragley doing 100mph toying with a Golf TDI on the A14 near Cambridge and I say to Supercharged "I can smell G12+" LOL.... how sad is that? Most people say "What's that weird smell?" but us being geeks, we knew straight away it was burnt G12+! LOL!

Ahh but can you tell the difference between G11 and G12? ;) :lol:

G11? What's that? :wink:

:p bottom right of the photo? ;)

Edit: would like to point out that he knows G11 is no longer used, but found it amusing that G11 is in big letters in the photo.

My mate totally freaks out at the first sniff of coolant - and he's always the first to smell it. Apparently the smell is all he can remember from the accident where he hit a tractor on a CBR600....in 1989. Bonkers, eh?!

Just thought I'd share that. :roll:

Certain smells do trigger memories...... I can still remember the smell of loose bricks from when I stacked my MK2 16V into a wall :?

G12 has a very distinctive smell and when you've changed it as often as I have, your nose becomes very atuned to it! Same with blue oil smoke if you've ever had an engine burning oil!

£25

You did well there.. unless the prices have dropped since I ordered mine! Was a £43 bill, inc vat!

£25

You did well there.. unless the prices have dropped since I ordered mine! Was a £43 bill, inc vat!

As I say...."the ever helpful Mr Newbury" :wink:

It's not what you know, but *who* you know :wink:

Any more thoughts on this guys? I sent a PM to Nelson, but he's not picked it up yet and I do need the hose pretty urgent like...

That's what I was hoping for... I can't really go to the stealer and point either because it's a good 15 min drive and I'd run out of coolant by then :(

What’s in a name? That which we call a hose

By any other name would smell as sweet

:mrgreen:

[with apologies to Shakespeare]

kevhaywire said

your nose becomes very atuned to it! Same with blue oil smoke if you've ever had an engine burning oil!

...or followed an old Ford on the motorway.