Sign in to follow this  
NormanCoal

Corrado leather uncomfortable????

Why so many tall twerps?

I'm 5ft 6ins and after driving the Peug 205 find I get sciatica on driving the Corrado. Sliding into the car in our narrow garage is a real contorsionist's act, I find, and the steering wheel keeps getting in the way of my knees.

I have stopped mentioning it to the wife tho' 'cos she kept saying "Well get rid of the car, or let me drive all the time."

Why so many tall twerps?

I'm 5ft 6ins and after driving the Peug 205 find I get sciatica on driving the Corrado. Sliding into the car in our narrow garage is a real contorsionist's act, I find, and the steering wheel keeps getting in the way of my knees.

I have stopped mentioning it to the wife tho' 'cos she kept saying "Well get rid of the car, or let me drive all the time."

I'm 6' 1" and think the standard leather seats are very comfortable and you can obtain a superb driving position with the correct adjustment of steering wheel and seat. :wink:

Have you tried a Rover 75 or even the MG version if you like a bit of comfort and 'go'?! :-P

Ill never forget the aches I had in my back and legs after my four hour trip from Bournmoth to Fishgaurd the day I bought the C. I takes getting used to but now I could drive all day in the C and ill be fine. Its the lower driving position that used to cause me grief cause I like to sit up in the car to feel in control. My Golf with its recaros is perfect for that and I have done many a long haul trip and never had any complaints. But after owning the C for a few months Im nice and comfy and with the adjustment of the steering wheel I have found my desired seating position. I find a low slung position with the seat base on the floor and the steering wheel dropped a bit to be fine. Otherwise your head hits the roof :shock:

I havent really noticed any differences support wise between the standard cloth and the leather I now have (non recaro) but apart from looking so so much better they are also a tad softer and are very relaxing to sit in.

All I need is a DVD player and fridge and Ill never get out of it (and a petrol attendant in the boot :-P )

Davestorm said:-

Have you tried a Rover 75 or even the MG version if you like a bit of comfort and 'go'?!

Rover 75? - Cheeky!

Good car with BMW diesel and excellent value for money on used market now, but too big. Ideally, I would like a classy, sporty, distinctive, practical car with good visibility out the back, not too low for parking off road for camping, and with enough room in the back with the seats down for loads of luggage, gear, etc. I may go camping in the Highlands with the Storm instead of the Pug 205, and for this reason I will never lower it - I prefer it to be like a "4X4" as you young guys facetiously joke about non-lowered Corrados! My lad knackered the spoiler on his non-lowered VR6 when visiting our favourite glen to camp.

The last time I noticed a Rover 75 it was at the front of a convoy we were in going at no more than 45mph on a reasonable rural A-road. The "old grey" driving it sure upset a lot of people.

Why so many tall twerps?

Now that's a word I've not heard in a long time! I think my Mother called me a twerp in 80s, and that was the last time I heard it....LOL!

I'm just under 6 foot (6 foot 8 when my quiff is on form) and have no issues at all with the Corrado seats and I'll mirror what Henny said in that they are pretty much the best seats I have ever sat in.

Just driven 350 miles today actually and there are no twinges in the small of my back or anything. 5 minutes in a Vectra on in my Dad's Mondeo will cause me some discomfort.