Sign in to follow this  
NormanCoal

Corrado leather uncomfortable????

Following on from another thread (I thought that I wouldnt hijack it any more :roll: ) what are your opinions with regards the standard fitment of seats in the corrado, be them cloth, leather, standard or Recaro.

which are more uncomfortable? Recaro's or normal seats? I personally am getting backache from my normal leather, but I think its because my legs arent fully supported (being a lanky sod) therefore putting more stress on my lower back

Recaros have a taller backrest (so support your full back to the top of your shoulders) and a longer seat base (so support your thighs up to your knees). They also sit lower in the car (on different subframes) as the seat is physically taller. Lateral support when cornering is slightly less than a normal sport seat, but only marginally IMO. Their comfort for long journeys IMO is superb due to the reasons I've given above.

This may not apply to everyone though, but it's what I've found.

Aterall Recaro hardly put their name to any old seat.....

Personally, its not the length of the thigh support thats the problem, more that the area just under the knee isnt in contact, therefore causing a lack of support. I'm going to try and modify my seat shortly so that the front is sat higher and hopefully this may ease the problems that I'm having

I found that the Corrado seats just take a little getting used to - I experienced some slight back pain going from my Peugeot 205 -> Corrado 16v, and then from the 16v -> Saxo and then Saxo -> G60 - I think its something to do with just how low and different the driving position is from those small french runarounds. After about a month or so though I am used to the seating position and I don't find myself having any more back problems...

You can adjust the seat base up/down, at least you can on my late heated (non-Recaro) leathers.. Without doubt I find them excellent seats - supportive for when you're chucking it about, and comfortable for long runs too.

The "head rests" are completely crap though - assume you're gonna get whiplash if you get smacked from behind... :(

You can adjust the seat base up/down(

Yes but the pivot point is at the front of the seat, and that isnt high enough (the front) when the back is on the lowest setting.

I'm 6ft4, with long legs, so need the seat quite far back, and low down. When the seat is in this position the front section isnt high enough to support my thighs properly

I'm pretty tall (6'2") with long legs, and have similar problems to you ChrisP. On the whole I find the (non-Recaro) leathers in my C very comfortable, but its the lack of support under the knee/thigh area that becomes an issue on long journeys. I have my seat almost all the way back and on the lowest setting, yet I could still do with a little more under-leg support. Perhaps just an extra 1/2 inch lift on the front of the seat is all it would need.. Let me know if you manage to modify your seats, I'd be interested to know how.

But hey! They're a world away from the concrete-slabs I had in the MkII. Those used to cripple me within an hour :cry:

BTW - the pivot point is at the base of the seat, at the front (iirc), so tilting the base up *will* extend the thigh support further forward, even if it won't lift it by much.

Personally I find that the wheel catches my knees all the time, so I prefer having the seat lower, tbh..

I'm not sure that I have got my seating position across right dr_mat, I want the rear of the seat as far down as possible, the front being slightly raised (with a normal seat). From that I'm going to raise the front of the seat by modifying it, so increasing the angle of the tilt.

I dont have the steering wheel and knee issue, an aftermarket one with boss and extension/spacer solves that :)

I'm 6'1" with short legs, and I can safely say I've not been in many (if any) more comfortable seat than the Corrado ones.. it takes a bit of pratting around to get it set up right but then, once it's set up, I can drive it all day (except petrol stops! :roll: ) and have no bad effects at all.... and that's both the cloth and leather interiors I've had in the car... 8) Never tried the Recaros though... :|

Im 6ft 6ins and used to get a bit of back pain in my old C 16v but am very comfortable in my VR which has far superior lumber suport. I think the 16v seats were of a lower quality. I have the seat at its lowest position and well lent back with the steering wheel at its highest point. A lot more room than my old Scirroco !. If I was sensible I would get a bigger car but Ive got plenty of time to get boring sensible cars. :D

Well I'm 6'2 and I've had no problems at all with either support or discomfort with my (cloth) Recaros. In fact, I think they're the most comfortable seats that my bum has graced in a car 8)

I'm just about 6' and I find the seats brilliant!

I always thought that the standard seats were absolutely excellent. Then I got in the Recaros and I was a bit disappointed at how they didn't hold you as tightly as the standard seats.

But then getting back into standard seats again I noticed that the back support and comfort doesn't seem to be as good.

Doesn't really help that I'm a skinny bugger and the seats need to be a lot narrower to hug my pathetic frame! :D

Yeah worth pointing out that I'm a skinny git too... the Recaros are ok around the thighs, but not exactly gripping. But then you don't tend to slide around as much on cloth anyway,

Nah, it's all that hair that makes you look 6' 2" mate :D

And I almost wrote 6'2 plus hair :lol: Oh no, not another thread on my hair... ;)

Anybody got any Recaros kicking around spare? I'd love to slap one on a stand and have it as an office chair! 8)

You're 6'1"???

Jesus - how tall am I???? :p

huh? :? :?:

According to my Chiropractor I'm a smidgen under 6'1", but I do tend to slouch slightly...

All you poor tall buggers, won't fit in a GT40 will you ;)

Being 5' 4" I don't really have problems with seat height, and find the Recaro's in the Campaign to be very good. A bit firm sometimes for my liking, but that's more the "leather effect" than a complaint.

yeah, it's a bit of a bugger being 6' and over... I've had problems driving some sports cars (tend to have the top of the windscreen in the way :roll: ) and can't drive older TVRs as I have size 13feet and can't press the brake pedal due to the steering column being too close to the pedal! :| Not a good thing to find out when you're test driving one... :? :shock:

Nope :( Not even one of the ones with a dimple :(

Doesn't really help that I'm a skinny bugger and the seats need to be a lot narrower to hug my pathetic frame! :D

Ha! You too? I find I slide across the seat on tight corners... :roll: Need to eat more lard..

Being 5' 4" I don't really have problems with seat height, and find the Recaro's in the Campaign to be very good. A bit firm sometimes for my liking, but that's more the "leather effect" than a complaint.

You being sarky? :lol: Your not really that height are ya? :lol: