Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Expansion Tank sprouting a pink moustache!

Hi,

As per per post title. I can't help but feel that the expansion tank is leaking around that central join (maybe its made up of two parts and this join is where they were moulded together :? ). The cololant is going down slowly and theres a big pink 'tash along the join!!

Has anybody had this happen to them?, or is it more likely to be seeping along from one of the hoses? The caps been replaced and doesn't appear to be leaking. I know its worth replacing anyway but I just had the money down for a new heated seat pad and some leads- could do without the expense at the moment :(

Cheers

A new tank is pretty easy to fit (I did mine last week) and it's about £12 from the stealers... it'll make it a darn sight easier to see where the coolant is too :)

I just changed mine, looks ace, even for those that dont have a leak, they just look brill alll new and full of pink G12+

You can have mine for a few quid its quite clean, nice balley alloy one fitted on mine

Thats a nice thought- if they are only twelve quid new tho I'll get a new one. Its just with the postage on top it will start to add up.

Thanks though 8)

Hmm ok looking at my credit card bill, it would seem that the total came to £31. I bought an expansion tank and I think something else, so the tank must have cost more than £12, probably more like £25 :(

Edit: AHA! An oil filter was the other thing. So a tank and oil filter come to £31 combined... :lol:

Hmm ok looking at my credit card bill, it would seem that the total came to £31. I bought an expansion tank and I think something else, so the tank must have cost more than £12, probably more like £25 :(

Edit: AHA! An oil filter was the other thing. So a tank and oil filter come to £31 combined... :lol:

Thats right I went into my friendly stealers the other week to get one it was something like £20 with my discount so about £30inc vat!!!!! not so cheap

However the washer bottle was!! :D only £7 8)