Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

I love my job

As a strenuous (for my C) part of my job, I had to do a driver training course at North Weald air field today.

I learnt how to brake and steer at silly speeds and keep it all in control, how to make it go lairily sideways (in control!) and lots of other fun stuff with stupidly small braking distances and the like. I didn't manage to set the brakes on fire, but they did start smoking quite a lot at one stage (I decided I'd stop for a bit then!)

Oh and on Friday I get to go back and do it all again to film it. We're also going to have a few Elises, a Scooby/Evo type, a mental bike engine based V8 Caterham (350bhp anyone?) and a Ferrari of some sort there too. I think it's unlikely that I'll be driving anything other than my C (if that), but I'll post up some nice pictures at the weekend 8)

The only downer is I seem to have chucked something out of alignment.. my steering wheel now doesn't point straight ahead :(

i take it you never hit the replacement "sapling" at yer fave stretch of road?? :twisted: :wink:

They replaced it?!!? :lol:

And it was an airfield, you had to get something very, very, very wrong to hit anything. I did have a fair number of very large spins complete with plumes of smoke, but only before he showed us what to do ;)

You do indeed have a dream job! 8) I spent 12 hours hunting down the specific locations of the Dark Arches under Leeds Station :p Enjoy Friday....

Tom

I think I'd better pick up those parts for you Dinkus and you meet me outside Ipswich :lol:

Are you implying that I can't negotiate a certain roundabout by the Audi dealership?!? :oops:

I had a good look under the car this morning and the rear seems to be fine. However, looking at the front wheels, it seems that with the steering wheel pointing straight ahead the passenger side wheel is tilted in slightly at the top (camber, but no idea which way is +ve and -ve) and the drivers side one is straight up.

So my question is, how do I fix it? I've had a haul on the track rods and they seem to be pretty firmly in place, so is it likely to be my wishbones/bushes etc? Or something else?

So my question is, how do I fix it? I've had a haul on the track rods and they seem to be pretty firmly in place, so is it likely to be my wishbones/bushes etc? Or something else?

Mate you need the right equipement to sort this out, I doubt you've broken anything as its all new, I'd take it back to the bodyshop who just repaired it and get them to sort it, when they re-alligned the car they probably didn't tighten something up enough, I'd get it back to then asap!

Mate you need the right equipement to sort this out, I doubt you've broken anything as its all new, I'd take it back to the bodyshop who just repaired it and get them to sort it, when they re-alligned the car they probably didn't tighten something up enough, I'd get it back to then asap!

Aye, I think so too. I'm not gonna get a change to take it anywhere til Monday now. But I'll get the guys to look at it when they fit my gearbox mount.

What do you do dinkus? sounds like police training to me?

:shock: no!

I work for a production company that make DVDs on various different things. At the moment it's mostly stuff on planes, trains and cars so it's rather good fun.

It helps that my boss is a car and plane nut too :D

What do you do dinkus? sounds like police training to me?

:lol: The police don't drive that badly :lol:

Just deleted FOUR duplicate posts Steve.. what happened there?! -- jimsg60

Just deleted FOUR duplicate posts Steve.. what happened there?! -- jimsg60

Sorry, the forum seems to completely hang every so often, its doing it at work and at home so I take it its affecting everyone...

sounds class

dinkus - you should get some short vids up mate. theres always a shortage of corrado vids :) If they're small in size i may be able to stick a couple on my webspace

I reckon your strut bolts weren't torqued up enough and your mad driving has moved the strut out of position slightly.

Ahh, could well be... It's going in to get a new gearbox mount on Monday so I'll get them to look at it then... but it's gonna need a wheel alignment again after, so I'll also give the bodyshop a call and see if they'll re-align it for free/cheap.

sounds class

dinkus - you should get some short vids up mate. theres always a shortage of corrado vids :) If they're small in size i may be able to stick a couple on my webspace

Aye, vids will be going up just as soon as I get them :D I've got a butt load of hosting space at work, so I'll post links when they're up.

Just hope the C holds out til the weekend! I had to stop at one point on Tues and over-inflate the tyres to stop the sidewalls wearing ;)