Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

what colour should i paint my callipers??

Just put them on the car and paint them with brake dust. It's a car, not an ornament! :)

Yup.

Or go for pink, you big freakin' pansie :lol: :lol:

I was gonna do mine Gold, so close i even bought a pot of gold hammerrite. But then i chickened out and done them red

If not red i would do black or silver i think

Seriously, Jedi, I think Gold will look stoopid on your car. It's not going to match *anything*. You have a green car, with silver wheels and black plastic trim...

Pick one. :)

I note you've even gone for clear side repeaters...

black.

no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............it looks too much like my car as it is without him having the same colour as my calipers :-P

If your not going for standout red then silver in my opinion, not that my opinion counts for much :roll:

well silver was good enough for VW when they were new :D

cool cheers guys...black sounds a bit boring IMO and i was never too sure about gold (which is why i didnt just do them yesterday)

silver sounds good though...

cool cheers guys...black sounds a bit boring IMO and i was never too sure about gold (which is why i didnt just do them yesterday)

silver sounds good though...

might be boring but you'll have fun trying to keep any other colour(such as silver,red,gold etc) from looking dirty........i just used Smoothrite on mine earlier on this year and haven't had any problems at all............i think Smoothrite comes in a dark green too...........so would look pretty subtle IMO on a dark green car

dont need special brake stuff then?

well in 5+K miles since doing my calipers they havent caught fire or the Smoothrite flaked off.........its up to yourself the smoothrite will be dry pretty quickly,only costs about £6 for the small tin you'll need :wink: whereas the "proper" caliper paint needs 3 coats with a few hours between them :shock: ,costs about £20 for the kit and IIRC you need to laquer them

did my rears with Halfords caliper paint (about £8 for the small tin) which EASILY did my rears and was a doddle to do too... 8) Look very similar to the Brembo colour up front now... 8)