Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

100,000th RX8 Leaves the Factory

Just read this story....

http://www.twoc.co.uk/news/articles/15/ ... ls_out.htm

Thought it was interesting that the RX8 has achieved in 18 months what the Corrado didn't achieve in 6+ years of production.

Just goes to show how few 100,000 units really is.

How many RX8's will still be on the road in 16 years time?

(I like RX8's by the way) 8)

Best guess is 2 thirds of the 9000 that made it over......so around 5 to 6000 left I reckon. 4000 of those are in East Anglia!

As for the RX8.....100,000 in 18 months! Hmmm, damn things will be everywhere soon and our roads will sound like a tapestry class :x

As for the RX8.....100,000 in 18 months! Hmmm, damn things will be everywhere soon and our roads will sound like a tapestry class :x

:lol:

It is surprising how many I see now. I live in a smallish town and see them all the time. Going to way the TT and the Z3 went.

Still I really do like them.

Timo.

No. And it's nearly impossible to find out, unless you know someone at the DVLA with some spare time on their hands...

I think its time to start buying more Corrados'. Keep them away from the chavs and boy racers. :mrgreen:

Only 5-6000 you reckon. Great!!!! The investment just keeps rising and rising 8)

Timo.

RX8? Commoners car then with those numbers rolling off the assembly line :lol:

Me? I'd rather drive something exclusive, i.e. rare :D , a Rado for example.

Tempest

European allocation for RX8 is 15,000 per year, 6k each for Germany and the UK, 3,000 for the rest, UK have recently secured more cars from the factory as they have spare capacity as car is not selling as well as expected in the US. UK spec RX8's are the cheapest in Europe once spec has been taken into account and is the best selling car Mazda offers after the Mazda6. Great car but getting common now

European allocation for RX8 is 15,000 per year, 6k each for Germany and the UK, 3,000 for the rest, UK have recently secured more cars from the factory as they have spare capacity as car is not selling as well as expected in the US. UK spec RX8's are the cheapest in Europe once spec has been taken into account and is the best selling car Mazda offers after the Mazda6. Great car but getting common now

so not long now(or even already) til its eclipsed UK Corrado figures........must admit i aint a fan of the RX8 whatsoever...........however the 350Z and Chrysler Crossfire are both cars that i just love the styling of.......and especially up here they both seem to be a lot rarer(and in the Crossfire's case damn rare !!!!!......only seen 2)

Probably best that the Crossfire is kept rare - I personally think its awful to look at.

Rather like the 350Z though :)

Probably best that the Crossfire is kept rare - I personally think its awful to look at.

Rather like the 350Z though :)

yeah i'm getting really worried as to how much i'm liking the 350Z.........it just looks awesome and of course has a nice big lump under the bonnet too 8)

so not long now(or even already) til its eclipsed UK Corrado

Wasn't the Eclipse the American name for the FTO? Sorry, he he :lol:

....must admit i aint a fan of the RX8 whatsoever..

No me neither...and having driven one....sewing machine central! I must say though, they feel exactly like a lowered Corrado over the rough stuff, i.e. jittery and unsettled, and torque is something the RX8 knows nothing about - compared to a VR or boosted G60 at least :wink:

........however the 350Z and Chrysler Crossfire are both cars that i just love the styling of.......and especially up here they both seem to be a lot rarer(and in the Crossfire's case damn rare !!!!!......only seen 2)

Yep me too, more so the 350z. I love all of the Z cars, even the old Datsun 280Z. The cross-fire is junk. Ancient and wobbly SLK platform that has all the structural intergity of soggy toilet roll.

Think the 350Z is totally hideous, Crossfire looks ok but as has already been said it drives horribly, think if I was in the market for a 2 seater I'd go for a Clio V6 - awesome looks and good value - not swap the G60 for anything currently on the market though

pretty sure the Eclipse was a different model (????? Talon IIRC)from the FTO..........AFAIK the FTO is the FTO world-wide......Scott i'm sure will sort us out anyway

and btw Kev m8..........surely you mean the 240Z or 260Z's......the 280Z was a barge with stodgy handling and bloated looks :shock: :shock:

Think the 350Z is totally hideous, Crossfire looks ok but as has already been said it drives horribly, think if I was in the market for a 2 seater I'd go for a Clio V6 - awesome looks and good value - not swap the G60 for anything currently on the market though

just a pity they didn't give it the same sort of bespoke interior treatment that the 5 turbo 1's and 2's had..............other than that they look damn awesome

Forgot about the Clio V6.. suitably rare still as well for some reason. Has tremendous road presence - MUCH more so than any of the competition previously mentioned!

Have only ever seen one on the roads!

The MK1 Clio V6 was an oversteering dog and you have to be in one in to appreciate the roughness and silly noise from that engine. The MK2 V6 is far superior. It actually handles and they improved the sound insulation..... not bad cars, not bad at all.

The 280Z Rodders, was cool 8)

IIRC it was the GTO3000 (?) that was called the Eclipse in the American market. Could be wrong though (!)

IIRC it was the GTO3000 (?) that was called the Eclipse in the American market. Could be wrong though (!)

nope GTO 3000 ,FTO and Eclipse were different cars :wink:

have a look at this http://www.modernracer.com/archives.html

The Eclipse wasn't available in any shape or form over here. I've only ever seen them in America.. oh, and one in Amsterdam once. Shame because they are actually quite nice looking cars.. despite their terrible reputation, right alongside the Civic for extreme rice modifying! :(

The Eclipse wasn't available in any shape or form over here. I've only ever seen them in America.. oh, and one in Amsterdam once. Shame because they are actually quite nice looking cars.. despite their terrible reputation, right alongside the Civic for extreme rice modifying! :(

ive seen an American "plated" one over here(Aberdeen) a few years back and it did look quite nice i must admit

At least the Crossfire is another Karmann built car :D

Been there, seen the assembly lines and marvelled at the bad design that even our tourguide openly admitted to (i.e. the whole front crossbar is welded, and hence everything needs to be fitted from behind as opposed to the Merc they build on the line next to it, where everything just slides in from the front, pop the bumper assembly on, and job done), just a wee little bit painful when one of us asked who'd designed the Crossfire ... erm, it was Karmann :lol:

Tempest