daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Mine turned up soon after ordering, fitted it at the weekend. Cheers Dave.

i still can't screw into the pin, i will get around to fitting one day

I couldn't get this method to work either, spent a good half hour with drills, hammers etc. In the end I tried one of the other methods on the instructions - lightly tapped a thin screwdriver into the end of the pin and with a bit of twisting it came out straight away.

Dave,

Please can I order a Drivers side and a Passengers side kit.

Let me know how much and how to pay and I can forward an address to you.

Many Thanks

Simon

I have been putting this job off to be honest, but am now forced to do it due to a broken handle.

I'm stuck though, the screw will not tap into the pivot-pin and therefore i can't get the pin out?!

Help please!!!

I have been putting this job off to be honest, but am now forced to do it due to a broken handle.

I'm stuck though, the screw will not tap into the pivot-pin and therefore i can't get the pin out?!

Help please!!!

I had the same problem -along with many others, it seems!

I ended up using a really small allen key (0.5mm I think) and knocked out the pin with that and a hammer.

Any small, sturdy piece of metal should do :)

could i have details on price and postage on a drivers side kit to fit my '94 VR6.

Also paypal details please.

Cheers, Lew

These are brilliant, and dare I say it quite a fun little job?

Probably not when I try the passenger side and cant remove the roll pin.

I got a tap n die kit from Machine Mart today and got the passenger side done, Bloody tricky holding the spring out the way, but I'm sure now I have the experience the drivers side will be easier - thanks again for the parts, good job!

Quite amazing how far that spring will fire a screwdriver if it flies loose, nearly stabbed my poor dog in the next room. :lol:

thanks. parts have worked great on my drivers door. was really easy to change and instructions were great.

now just got to change passenger side as a precautuion when door card comes off.

once again thankyou very much.

Hello,

i have emailed you for more details on how i can get a kit. When your ready can you please let me know what is required.

Cheers mate.

Gary :salute:

could you forward your postage details for the door handle repair kits - would a postal order be alright for payment as i have stopped using paypal

When I did mine I used a small pair of mole grips to hold the screw securely. This let me line up the screw and get a bit of force behind it without anything slipping. The screw gripped right away and the pin was out in no time.

Just done my passenger-side handle.

The wee pin was a bugger to get out - I finally used a small screwdriver.

In fact, looking at the 'pin' it is actually not a pin as such, but a rolled up (very short) length of spring steel. Try to turn it the 'wrong' way and it tightens, turn it the other way and it slackens sufficient to come out. Fiendish wee design, lol.

Handle now works, and feels very positive. Good one, Dave :)

Ordered my drivers side handle from Dave on Monday turned up Tues morning fitted the following weekend. Was a bit fiddly but once on works great.

So thank you Dave for taking the time to do these for everyone.

Now the doors working im up for selling the car and will be posting a for sale post very soon. Maybe even today.

Gary

Good News - the repair kits are now available. They are heavy duty T304 Stainless Steel replacements so will last longer than the car and include an install guide.

When ordering please state driver or passenger side.

Price is £13.50 per side including postage to the UK.

I can install the repair kit for you at extra cost but you will need to post your handle to me.

I can go one step further and remove the handle from the car, repair it and refit. Of course this will require you to bring your car to me.

You can pay by Paypal or cheque.

Send PM to order.

Thanks

fitted the kits at the weekend and fitted perfectly - thanks ger040

Dave

ordered and paid for the handle repair kit friday 16:00, arrived at my door at 8:30 Saturday!!!!! awesome dealing with and instructions you sent out are a massive bonus, recommend these to everyone...

will be in touch when the next one goes :grin:

Hiya, I've been searching for a replacement driver's door handle and came across this thread about the repair kit - it sounds great but I can't understand how to go about ordering one... :scratch: can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks - laura

You can either wait 'here' - and hope dave notices your post - or you could go to page one of the thread and pm daves16v. He'll respond, to be sure :)

You can either wait 'here' - and hope dave notices your post - or you could go to page one of the thread and pm daves16v. He'll respond, to be sure :)

Thanks John, already replied :D

Hi

Im enquiring about purchasing a corrado repair striker kit from you,how do i go about buying one off you.

Im after the drivers side.

thks Huw