daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Good News - the repair kits are now available. They are heavy duty T304 Stainless Steel replacements so will last longer than the car and include an install guide.

When ordering please state driver or passenger side.

Price is £15 per side including postage to the UK. (updated 01/06/11)

I can install the repair kit for you at extra cost but you will need to post your handle to me.

I can go one step further and remove the handle from the car, repair it and refit. Of course this will require you to bring your car to me.

You can pay by Paypal or cheque.

Send PM to order.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by daves16v

Hey I would be interested in this.

Could you post a pic of the kit so that we have a rough idea of what we are getting.

How easy is it to install?

Well done Dave. VAG will not be commissioning a statue of you but we might!

Are Corrado handles the same throughout the years?

I had a new handle fitted recently (>£100!) but would still buy one or two of your kits if they will fit the 1995 VR6.

Regards

Iain

Can you please post the paypal details? Also if you want two does that mean a better deal on postage? God I am such a tight wad!

Gman, Will post a pic as soon as I can. The fitting if I'm honest is a little fiddly with having to prise the spring clear and removing the roll pin.

craigowl, I'm pretty sure all handles worldwide are the same.

Storm, I will post Paypal details shortly. The cost of postage is so small you would be saving pennies not pounds.

Thanks for your interest.

Dave,

hi, new to the forum, but having a look around like you do... I noticed the other day on the pic of your signature that you make seat handles. Is this right? I'm after the nearside (ejector :-P ) type one? But I guess I would need a pair.

mildmanneredjanitor, I used to love watching hong kong fooey when I was a kid............

You can have the nearside if you wish but of course it would look odd.

Dave

mildmanneredjanitor, I used to love watching hong kong fooey when I was a kid............

You can have the nearside if you wish but of course it would look odd.

Dave

:D

How much are they Dave? And have you made any of the door lock pins? The ones that pop up through the top of the door card. Oh bugger what are they called??? :roll:

Anyhoo, a couple of those would be nice!

Ooh, and a left hand foot rest.... and and and!!! :-P

Like shiny things!

Price is £13.50 per side including postage to the UK.

£26 for both sides including postage Dave??

mildmanneredjanitor, Pair of handles is £32 including postage.

Yes £26 for a pair of repair kits.

PM me for payment details.

Right don't laugh, but as previous post here's my home made guage pod, the template is being sent to Dave so he can consider whether he wants to fabricate similar units of better quality!

It's a squeeze getting three standard 52mm guages in but just possible.

I have just fitted these door handle repair kits to both sides of my corrado and all i can say is wow now i can actually open my doors, no seriously these repair kits are spot on and pretty easy to fit even on your own with no assistance, and ive just saved myself around sixty quid which is a bonus, so anyone with broken door handles would be mad not to purchase this excellent solution to an annoying problem.

cheers well happy matt :D

'scuse my ignorance - but to these repair kits fix 'loose' and 'wobbly' door handles which do not spring back in properly?

yalan, If you can open your door using the door handle then the part that breaks is still intact. It sounds like the return spring inside is broken.

Oh no - It seems I have become the victim of what appears to be a very common problem. I pulled on the drivers side handle and something gave and now it doesn't do anything at all. The inside handle works but it is somewhat embaressing having to lean through the car to unlock the door.

Is this the problem that this thread is about and that daves16v kit repairs?

Daves16v - you stated earlier in the thread that you may offer a fitting service. How long would this take and what do you anticipate charging?

another victim here :roll:

sounded like the arm bit dropped in the door,can i not stick it back on or will it be broke?

cheers,neil.

Riley, already sent you PM. No you can't just stick it back on, it'll just break off first go.