Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Goodyear F1's

I drove my Brothers car last night (Saxo VTS) and its kitted out with Eagle F1's... I was absolutely amazed with the grip available in the wet / dry at any speed from these tyres.... so am now after some myself.

Does anyone know in the North West where I can buy some at sensible prices?

Cheers

Scott

Good man.. they are a great tyre.

You can order them online from places like MyTyres etc - most tyre shops sell these at quite a premium though so expect steep prices. What tyre size does your FTO wheels take?

Hi mate - they take 205, 50 - 16

Currently have Uniroyal rain tyres on it and they are flipping awful!!! :lol:

Hi mate - they take 205, 50 - 16

Currently have Uniroyal rain tyres on it and they are flipping awful!!! :lol:

:shock: :shock: bet thats 'interesting' :D

http://www.mytyres.co.uk will deliver them in 2-4 days and then you can go slip your local tyre place some cash to fit them. Ask how much it is first tho, cos some places charge you extra to fit tyres that you supply.

My friend at the tyre place I use wasn't around yesterday so I went to another place and they charged me £30 :shock: :shock: to fit 2 tyres!!!

Shouldn't usually be much more than £15 with new valves and balancing tho...

Try calling these guys in Coventry Scott...

Brittania Tyres on 024 7625 8177

Obviously there is a bit of a distance problem but i'm interested to know what the price is as they seem to give superb quotes on these tyres.

Will do mate when got a few mins to spare... £85 a corner reasonable for these tyres or not?

I can get Vrednestein Sportrac / Falkens for £60 per corner.... both have good reviews according to My Tyres?

You wanna avoid Falkens like the plague with the wetter weather coming on - unless your chosen sport is Ice Dancing! They are VERY unpredictable on even a slightly damp road. Also my penny's worth, F1s are superb for winter-driving but wear very quickly in the summer.

F1s are superb for winter-driving but wear very quickly in the summer.

I hope by winter you're not including snow and Ice because F1s are truly diabolical in these conditions, as I discovered last winter. Tyres with proper tread blocks are better in winter. F1s are purely a summer/wet tyre.

I hope by winter you're not including snow and Ice because F1s are truly diabolical in these conditions, as I discovered last winter. Tyres with proper tread blocks are better in winter. F1s are purely a summer/wet tyre.
I apologise, please allow me to reword my opinion - In the RAIN you'll be sorely pushed to find a better tyre than the F1 GSD3 but the downside is that they wear very quickly in the hotter and drier conditions of summer. Superb WET weather grip, poor DRY weather longevity. Sorry for any confusion my original post may have caused :oops:

Scott try Hyde Road Tyres on Hyde Rd - surprisingly enough - just south of Manchester city centre, haven't got the number to hand now but will post it tomorrow hopefully.

sorry if i'm kinda taking over...but as ur on the subject of tyres

F1 sounds like its great for the wet road, but if u left them on all summer you'd need new ones. What the best all rounder tyre? Doesn't wear down on dry/hot roads but still sticks in winter/wet road?

I used to run P6000 on my old car and they used to be pretty good, but had the same summer problem as F1

They aren't cheap (I can't afford them yet) but the best I ever used were Bridgestone Potenza RE 050s - Used them HARD (6 trackdays and over 15K) for a year and there was still plenty left on them :shock: . Slightly slippy in damp (rather than wet) conditions until they are warm but otherwise absolutely superb 8)

F1'a are a good tyre, but I don't like the soft-ish sidewalls and the lack of a segregated central band.Never tried RE050's but everyone says they are awesome, so expensive though! I've got RE720's fitted at the moment, and they are excellent if I don't say so myself, would definitely chose them over F1's anyway ;)

Yay, another RE720 fan :lol: I love them. They're comparable to the F1 in the wet but are way, way better in the dry when you push it. They're not as smooth as the F1s or quiet, and I've also found the car brakes better with the RE720s. If the F1s used a slightlt stiffer compound, they would be the best I reckon.

But it's a compromise at the end of the day, as with most things.

Spot the employee... ;)

They still don't sell Goodyear Eagle F1 in 205/50/15 .. because goodyear don't make 'em any more.

I went from Conti contact sport 2's to the GSD3's and there's a noticable difference in both wet and dry conditions... still find the F1's struggle for grip at times but maybe I expect to much!

LOL@Matt

Not often you get a thread bumped that was started by Scott tho!

Eagle F1's - I do like the GSD3's but I find the sidewalls are very soft, you get good ride quality from the flex but you have to be careful with them!

Interesting 3% discount too - I see they have put the price of most tyres up by £4 to compensate... just not worth it, I always get my local place to beat the web prices...