Sign in to follow this  
Coley17778

New Corrado killing my wallet

recently changed ISV AT A COST OF £180 FITTED (IS THIS REASONABLE?)it has cured problem for about a week still under revs when dipping the clutch at junctions battery light flashes somtimes cuts out any ideas first time owner of a corrado 2.0 16v 95reg

cheers :?

Took my VR to the main dealer. No access to VAG-COm then.

Changed the ISV. No improvement. Car still doing no better than,

24 mpg. In the end it was the coil pack. Paid 700 quid for a coil

pack. (700 for coil pack. New plugs, ht leads and ISV for free).

The Service Manager told me to take my car elsewhere. :evil:

Now sometimes see 34 mpg. For a tank its normally 29 or 30.

Rados seem to be sensitive to tyre pressure, coolant and oil

problems. Never leave it too long to check them.

I am not the best chap to talk to. Try the threat about

VAG-COM in your area. They can possibly steer you away

from really big bills.

£700 for a ciol pack!?!!? were you born stupid or did they have t teach you it? :|

nievety isn't stupidity..........everyone has in some point in there life been nieve :wink:

700 for coil pack. New plugs, ht leads and ISV for free).

Whilst you have been a little unlucky in that some of the blunter forum members have taken an interest in your thread, you have been even more unlucky if you paid £700 for a coil pack :( .

Did you mean the whole bill was £700 i,e pack plugs leads, labour etc. :? Surely no dealer would have the cheek to charge you £500+ over the list price :shock: :shock: tell me I'm right.... :|

Did you mean the whole bill was £700 i,e pack plugs leads, labour etc. :?

That's what I was thinking, but £180 + £60 + £108 still doesn't come to £700 tho...... I reckon the entire bill for the day came to £700.

then again some $tealers still charge £20ea for a spark plug and approx £17ea for a plug lead(even tho they'll sell a complete set for £60 :roll: )

then again some $tealers still charge £20ea for a spark plug and approx £17ea for a plug lead(even tho they'll sell a complete set for £60 :roll: )

Ah, but isn't that because there's two different brands of leads - the original expensive red beru and the cheaper quantum?

Ah, but isn't that because there's two different brands of leads - the original expensive red beru and the cheaper quantum?

true but i bet they don't offer the cheaper alternative when leads are needed :wink:

magicrat1, If what you say is true I would SERIOUSLY go back and demand some money...claiming blatant deception all the way

i paid £180 for ISV was asking if this was reasonable cheers :o

ISV takes around 10 minutes to change on a G60 - not sure on a 16v but I doubt it would take much longer. :?

At a main dealer, using genuine VW parts & extortionate labour rate - maybe £180 inc vat would be most you'd have to pay. I would definitely not describe £180 to change the valve as reasonable.

Was Magicrat who paid 700 quid for coil pack i paid £180 for ISV was asking if this was reasonable cheers :o

In answer to your question, yes! i paid about £200 when i brought one fitted it myself. :)

i paid £180 for ISV was asking if this was reasonable cheers :o

ISV takes around 10 minutes to change on a G60 - not sure on a 16v but I doubt it would take much longer. :?

ISV on a 16v is equally easy - 5 mins to remove it tops if you know what you are doing (which I didn't at the time, and had my mates brother help me!). IIRC it was just disconnect a sensor, undo a jubilee clip or two and pop it from tubing at either end :)

Took my VR to the main dealer. No access to VAG-COm then.

Changed the ISV. No improvement. Car still doing no better than,

24 mpg. In the end it was the coil pack. Paid 700 quid for a coil

pack. (700 for coil pack. New plugs, ht leads and ISV for free).

The Service Manager told me to take my car elsewhere. :evil:

So that was 2 hours diagnostic/fitting work, £150 for the ISV, £200 for the coil pack, £136 for the ht leads, £30 for the plugs. Which at my local VW place works out at (2*80 + 150+200+136) * 1.175 = £759. (All aproximate dealer prices from memory.)

I don't think £700 inc is a big surprise at dealers' rates. Of course, the fact that they pointless changed ht leads/plugs and an ISV is a BIG issue, but I'm sure they won't ever fess up to that one...