Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Absolute Bandit!!!

Sold my RS's the other week on ebay in perfect condition, had been driving around on them fine. This ass that buys them now is complaining that his wheels go flat? well they didn't when I was driving on them so what has he done? He wants £200 to get them resealed? I told him I'd give him a refund as people are telling me I should have been able to get more than £840 for them anyway. Might have a shop around to get them professionally resealed then readvertise them so I can get some peace. Anyone know a good place in Cranleigh area? Guildford through to West Sussex?

Yeah apparently so? I resealed them with a clear silicon sealer which was fine and he is telling me it has to be black? worked on mine when i had them and was clear when i took them apart for the first time? Really anoyed me today, his website is stormdevelopments.co.uk he seems to do vw stuff so can't be that hard for him to re-do anyway

Anyway .... £200 to reseal them?!

If you ask me, you have two options - stick to your guns and tell him that they were fine when you had them or give in and try to meet him half way (if you're not 100% sure that they were perfect when you sold them).

He's probably just trying to get some of his money back from the purchase and won't even bother resealing them.

Take the advice of the others on this board - give him a full refund and get the wheels back - its not worth messing around/damaging your Ebay feedback - he's obviously trying it on and you offering a full refund will probably surprise him/call his bluff :roll: ..

Good luck anyhow :lol:

Pete.

i rember seeing these rims with no tyres on em & no way would it cost £200 to reseal em!! they looked mint to me!

like Pete just said, offer him a full refund, personally I'd say fack off..

personally I'd say fack off..

x2

if he is petty enough to leave bad feedback reply saying you offered a full refund and he didnt accept and do the same to him.

Cheers Guys, actually since I told him I'd give him a full refund he hasn't called back! Seemed like a really nice guy when he picked them up also which is more anoying, he turned up in a supercharged Golf mk2 VR6 and said he had a Corrado also

whats to say his tyres havent got little pin-prick holes either...............seen that before.........they'll hold air in for a wee while and then will be flat by morning

I WORK AT A TYRE SHOP IN TADLEY THESE WHEELS HAD BEEN PUT TOGETHER USING BATHROOM SEALENT AND THE BOLTS WERN'T TORQUED UP RIGHT- I THINK IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL PEOPLE WHEELS THEY SHOULD BE PUT TOGETHER BY A PROFFESIONAL NOT WITH BATHROOM SEALENT IN YOUR GARAGE - WHAT A JOKE I REMEMBER PUTTING THE TYRES ON AND THE OWNER COMING BACK IN MK2 VR6 SUPERCHARGED THE NEXT DAY WITH FLAT TYRES, WE EXAMINED THE TYRES THEY WERE BRAND NEW MICHILEN PILOTS - WE HAD A LOOK AT THE WHEELS AND THE SILCONE BATHROOM SEALENT WAS FALLING OFF ??? WE CAHRGED HIM £210 POUNDS TO CLEAN ALL THE CRAP OFF THE WHEELS AND RESEAL THEM WITH A SEALER THAT WE USE FOR DRAGSTER WHEELS WHICH IS BLACK AND SEALS HARD...... SO I THINK THIS GUY DESERVES A BREAK AS I ONLY CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD BY CHANCE

CRAIG 16V TURBO MK1 - CORRADO G60

I WORK AT A TYRE SHOP IN TADLEY THESE WHEELS HAD BEEN PUT TOGETHER USING BATHROOM SEALENT AND THE BOLTS WERN'T TORQUED UP RIGHT- I THINK IF YOU ARE GOING TO SELL PEOPLE WHEELS THEY SHOULD BE PUT TOGETHER BY A PROFFESIONAL NOT WITH BATHROOM SEALENT IN YOUR GARAGE - WHAT A JOKE I REMEMBER PUTTING THE TYRES ON AND THE OWNER COMING BACK IN MK2 VR6 SUPERCHARGED THE NEXT DAY WITH FLAT TYRES, WE EXAMINED THE TYRES THEY WERE BRAND NEW MICHILEN PILOTS - WE HAD A LOOK AT THE WHEELS AND THE SILCONE BATHROOM SEALENT WAS FALLING OFF ??? WE CAHRGED HIM £210 POUNDS TO CLEAN ALL THE CRAP OFF THE WHEELS AND RESEAL THEM WITH A SEALER THAT WE USE FOR DRAGSTER WHEELS WHICH IS BLACK AND SEALS HARD...... SO I THINK THIS GUY DESERVES A BREAK AS I ONLY CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD BY CHANCE

CRAIG 16V TURBO MK1 - CORRADO G60

how do you know it was bathroom sealer? Seals hard? Think about that comment.

I think storm developments used to be that 'Expert teknik'..i've heard a few scetchy things about them.

Yeah, alarm bells started ringing when I saw Storm Developmens too - tell him to go stick it cos he's a bloomin' bandit.

his website is stormdevelopments.co.uk he seems to do vw stuff so can't be that hard for him to re-do anyway

his website has taken a lot of stick on the forum for selling dodgy motors.. you should find some threads about him using the search. Legally you've done more than enough by offering a full refund. its up to him if he takes it.

If hes got them sealed already, that was his choice and not up to you to pay for!

i unknowingly brought some centrecaps for my bbs' from them they keep mailing me or payment but havent told me how to pay i think ill send ebay a mail as i dont want to give them my money now!

i unknowingly brought some centrecaps for my bbs' from them they keep mailing me or payment but havent told me how to pay i think ill send ebay a mail as i dont want to give them my money now!

Bill if there the centre caps you want and there the right price why dont you just call storm dev and pay them over the phone to sort it out ?