Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

strut braces??

lowered my vr6 with coilovers and reckon that the chassi is in need of stiffening up a bit. does anyone have front and rear strutbraces on their vr6?? i can't find any for the vr. are they easy to fit (whats briefly involved in getting them on) and is it worth it?? :?

Neuspeed do one for a VR6, but it might block access to the brake master cylinder as it's for a LHD car, but the throttle and coolant tank clearance are spot on.

Eibach used to do one too but they've pulled a lot of A2/A3 platform braces from their product list.

The Neuspeed is better made though and still available AFAIK.

To fit it you need to drop the struts and drill through the strut tower. Some braces come with 'nutserts' which allow you to drill with everything in situ and then hammer the nutserts in and bolt the brace to it. But they don't hold aswell as traditional nuts and bolts.

IMO Corrados don't need a front brace but would benefit from a triangulated rear.

volksbits or volksspares sell a set of 3 for £80 (front upper, front lower and rear).

dont look like much but im sure do the job.

I took a golf Mk2 front one cut about 3-4cm off and then got a local ally welder to weld it back together for £10. Not bad as the brace only cost me £20. I'd try that route

is this the triangulated rear you're talking about kev?

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/produc ... o&p_id=262

where does it sit - is it right at the back of the boot space? ie, can i still get stuff in the boot?

edit: can't get the link to work!!!

doh! ignore me - i'm thinking it is the one as it's exactly the same link you put up earlier! (i'll get me coat)

yeah, i'm just about to order some h&r arb's to go with the coilies.

think that rear brace you've got looks like a good idea - not too intrusive like you said. what did you pay? they list one for 80 quid?

Does that fit G60's? and can you tell me this best one for under the bonnet?