mildmanneredjanitor

Have you seen this part???

OK, it just occurred to me whilst working on the car today, someone may be able to tell me what this bit is.

I found this just after I bought the car and was sorting out the spaghetti in the dash :cry: Small black plastic (maybe heat vent type thingy? But I couldn't see where it came from, so put it somewhere safe (for 4 years!) until today.

If anyone has ETKA, could they look up the number, or maybe one of you can recognise it? The number stamped on it is RTO 535 858 715

Piccy attached:

There's a tab on the end og the fusebox cover that slots into it.

It slots on to some bits on the driver's footwell that are easily visible if you take the fusebox cover off.

Does anyone have a pic of this part if possible? appreciate it's an old thread but I think I may be missing the mount from my fuse box...

It's the shiny black angled piece under the fuses. Apologies how the picture turns it on the angle

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Cressa, I have that bit I believe but think I may be missing a mounting bracket in the right hand side... do you have a pic of that if poss?? Cheers

I've had a look. The only mounting bracket on the RH side is what the actual fuse box sits in, and can tilt downwards on. Just like on the LH side.

Do you have that? You'd know as your fuse box would suit wonky..

Other than that my car doesn't have any other brackets

They do have a plastic bit that goes over the top at the front of mounting bracket but maybe what cressa has already shown

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Probably easier if I take pic of mine and send it!... I'm not 100% certain if I am missing something but there appears to be an inverted 'V' shape on the fuse box tray and a hole in the right hand side which looks like the V shape should hinge on (of course I could be completely wrong!)

Looking at this thread, it's the same part no. as #21 on the diagram if that helps...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?70417-fuse-box-cover-clips

Cressa/Lilfuzzer - thanks for the effort and responses!!

[ATTACH]85148[/ATTACH][ATTACH]85149[/ATTACH]

Now I'm confused. If no. 21 is what you mean, then it's the black mount that fits to the car body and as per my fusebox picture, that's the one.

Sorry I can't help anymore

Cressa

Can't see pic on phone but I have a few of them covers I pic number 2

Cressa, thanks for the pic... it may be that I'm making up a part which doesn't exist! The reason I think something is missing is that the tray sags very slightly which made me think something was missing - is this normal??

Also, the two pop rivet things don't really seem to grab tightly, again - is this normal?

If the tray sags slightly. .. does the fusebox secure and pivot on both sides. Also do you have both the white plastic clips that fit and secure both sides of the fuseBox.

The clips that hold the fuseBox cover are really wimpy. .. and it really needs to be all aligned up correctly.

My covers are off at the moment, so I'll have a better look

[ATTACH]85151[/ATTACH]

Does your fuse box cover have the locating arms on either side? If one is missing or has nowhere to locate, then maybe that is why it sags....

Just another thought !!

Cressa

Hi, thanks - I have both the locating arms but unsure about the white clips you mentioned. Cheers for your help on this! I will take a look at the weekend and see what the ruddy hell is going on :)

Ok buddy I will hang onto these screws in case you need anything else