Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

flashed by speed camera

i was sure i was in a 60 zone so i was pissed off when i was flashed by a speed camera the other night. i was doing bang on 60 but was actually i a 40 zone :mad:

whats would happen if i send it back and say the driver was unknown and that someone was test driving my car (it is for sale after all)

You'll have to take it on the chin mate. The police will prosecute you if they find out you were lying about the driver.

Was it a Gatso and how many flashes? A double flash and you're done, fine on your doormat within 7 days and instruction to post your license off for endorsing. Single flash and you're OK. But If you don't hear back within 21 days - caught or not, you're usually safe. Sometimes the pictures aren't quite good enough to use as evidence and they let it go.

Not a good start for your new car :?

You'll have to take it on the chin mate. The police will prosecute you if they find out you were lying about the driver.

Was it a Gatso and how many flashes? A double flash and you're done, fine on your doormat within 7 days and instruction to post your license off for endorsing. Single flash and you're OK. But If you don't hear back within 21 days - caught or not, you're usually safe. Sometimes the pictures aren't quite good enough to use as evidence and they let it go.

Not a good start for your new car :?

It was 2 flashes! i was 20mph over the limit so if there was film and if the pic is good enough i will definately get fined!

how will they find out i was lying though??? :?

i may give it a try...

wont affect insurance this year though... did my policy today and just declared my currect 3 pts....even still...direct line added on £50 for me having points :x

LOL....give it a whirl then mate. Let us know the outcome :lol:

Although you've just incrimenated yourself if any Policemen are resident on the forum :lol: I know Timo is a copper for sure!!

The thing is, if you say you weren't driving, they will want to know who was and that could be a messy one to weedle out of......

i can just say i dont know the name and they didnt leave any contact details :?

i'll think about it...i may be lucky and the thing wont come through the post... thats another point.. its not recorded delivery so i could just say i never got it?? :roll:

LOL... you unscrupulous & devious fellow :lol:

If it were that easy, wouldn't everyone would do it? I'd rather just get the points than be looking over my shoulder all the while or dreading the sound to the letter box opening every morning!

unfortunately if u dont give them the name & or address of the person who was driving 9/10 they will prosecute the owner of the vehicle..bloody uk, there trying to drive us out of this country i swear :mad:

tell them you where unsure who was driving the vehicle at that point in time and could they provide any photographic evidence to help identify the driver, if they cant or the evidence cant identify you as the driver then fight it, as they shouldnt prosecute you with no evidence, they will often try and bully you into taking the blame but without proof they cant.

there are a few sites on the net helping drivers to find loopholes or other ways to avoid prosecution have a look around.

i dont see anything wrong with trying to get out of it as i personally know of at least two coppers who repeatedly speed while off duty on a daily basis and one other who drink drives back from the pub every friday and saturday night (usually 6/7 pints within the space of a couple of hours :mad: )

LOL....give it a whirl then mate. Let us know the outcome :lol:

Although you've just incrimenated yourself if any Policemen are resident on the forum :lol: I know Timo is a copper for sure!!

The thing is, if you say you weren't driving, they will want to know who was and that could be a messy one to weedle out of......

Just been in contact with the relevant constabulary and because you dont drive a Corrado anymore I/they will not let you get off with it.

Sorry mate but I did tell you not to sell the rado, my hands are tied, there's nothing I can do now!!

Timo.

P.S. What a load of B.S. not a copper yet Kev, few months to wait for that yet :p

Just been in contact with the relevant constabulary and because you dont drive a Corrado anymore I/they will not let you get off with it.

Sorry mate but I did tell you not to sell the rado, my hands are tied, there's nothing I can do now!!

Timo.

:lol: :lol: cheers. feel great now! :roll:

. thats another point.. its not recorded delivery so i could just say i never got it?? :roll:

*that* doesn't count as a defence. the law states that the letter must be *posted* within 14 days (or longer if the car's owner isn't the registered keeper, such as company cars), it doesn't stipulate when it has to be received by...

FFS jedi take it on the chin :roll: .............you are supposed to be a grown-up now :roll: ...........just put it down to experience.............we've all been had in the past and at the end of the day its not the end of the world(providing of course you ain't on 6+ points) and most Ins co's don't mind 6 pts :wink:

FFS jedi take it on the chin :roll: .............you are supposed to be a grown-up now :roll:

Well he is a fair bit younger than us 30 plusers!

I'm hoping to still have the C when I sign up to Saga :lol:

They will probably have those planned black boxes in cars by then which transmit data to the Police HQ via GPS, so down with expensive Gatsos and in with £20 GPS transmitters...and it'll be an offense to remove it :roll:

FFS jedi take it on the chin :roll: .............you are supposed to be a grown-up now :roll:

Well he is a fair bit younger than us 30 plusers!

I'm hoping to still have the C when I sign up to Saga :lol:

They will probably have those planned black boxes in cars by then which transmit data to the Police HQ via GPS, so down with expensive Gatsos and in with £20 GPS transmitters...and it'll be an offense to remove it :roll:

yeah i'm sure he is :D ............but its just this "what if i say i never got it".......or "what if i tell them someone else was driving" malarky...................not trying to be holier than thou etc but we all speed and its a chance we take everytime we do that we might just get "done" (just remember it could be a lot lot worse :shock: )..........hell ive been kacking myself a few times when ive at the last minute seen a mobile camera but if i did get done i'd have to hold my hand up to it and take it on the chin.........wouldn't be too happy but i didn't have to speed and it would have been my fault regardless if i "thought" the road had a lower speed limit...........not meaning to be too savage on Jedi but at the end of the day no-one told him to speed :wink:

[GPS tranmitters] Hopefully they won't be retro-fitted, so I'll keep driving round in old cars for the rest of my life. (At *slightly* above the speed limit, on brief occasions, but only when overtaking.. Ahem..)

This is what you do. Always works.

When you get the letter through from the police - tick that it was you driving, agree to everything but dont sign it. Then dont pay the fine. They will write saying they are taking you to court. It will never get to court because they cant prosecute due to lack of evidence (you never signed it) and it costs them too much money and paperwork.

try it. You've got nothing to loose

I could see a problem if you say someone else was driving, as they would have to be insured to drive your car. I guess it could be possible for the police to attempt to then try and do you for 'aiding and abetting an uninsured driver' which has a far worse outcome than speeding, unless you have any driver insurance.

I'd say just take it, but get the photo. On the bright side the same happened to me last year on the bike, I thought I was in a 40 but in a 30, camera double flashed me, but no summons arrived. There is always a chance.

Did you have cause to "think it was a 60 when it was a 40"? If the signage is wrong you might be able to get out of it...

Did you have cause to "think it was a 60 when it was a 40"? If the signage is wrong you might be able to get out of it...

nah, i went back and looked and sure enough there was a 40 sign about 300 meters before the camera....i must have missed it when i was over taking this slow car :cry:

it was a really lovely road mind you!! out near stotfold! i recomend it...apart from the camera bit :roll:

One of my mates colleagues got away with a fixed camera speeding offence because there wasn't a camera sign within 1Km of the trap. Worth checking if there is a warning sign...Then again, next time you get flashed, go back up the road and remove the sign, then claim there is no sign :)