Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

just seen pics of my old honda :(

Do you still keep in touch with the buyer then? What happened?

Yeah it's a shame seeing your old motors end up like that.

One of my old MK2s has now racked up 210K and has been round the Nurburgring....apparently it's been prepared for Rallying as we speak, LOL!

i am trying to get in touch with the guy as we speak.

maybe i can buy it back from him cheap and repair it :twisted:

i was posting my vr6 for sale on my old crx forum and i stumbled across the pics..

oh well..hopefully the corrado wont end up like that in a few years :shock:

Nasty too see your old cars in a state, most of mine have met a nasty end, My mk1 astra GTE can be seen at Norfolk salvage, my xr3i was bought by some gypsies, police come round few weeks later sayin it had been in a hit and run and could i describe the buyers. Two weeks back my old corrado was hit up the arse, looks a right mess now.

Think only my old Golf is left on the road. :(

Hopefully the C will go to someone sensible..... and on behalf of everyone on the forum, please please don't sell it to a Chav. If I see a Green VR driven round with a Burberry cap behind the wheel....that's it, my car is going in the trader!

Know how you feel mate :( My blackberry VR (which I had to sell because of financial reasons :( ) was written off a few months later- saw the pics on here :shock: was gutted.

Nice to see Nikki has put her back together again though 8)

Before i purchased my Corrado, i owned a Honda Civic with Big wheels etc. i sold it to some young lad(Proper Boy Racers). i knew i shudnt have! :cry:

The first day that they took the car from me! i got phone calls from my mates saying that they seen them racing through the town center! boys smoking in the car(something i neva did in three years i owned it) :shock:

Now a few months on and i have found out it has been written off! i looked after it like my pride and joy!

i am not the only Honda driver to change over to the Corrado! :)

Its a nightmare seeing some wreck the car you put time & effort into.. I had a show MK5 XR b4 the rado & put loads of time & effort into it, its now had 3owners & is wreacked!!! :(

I'd hate to see one of my old cars like that. I sold my RST (proper mint car, std looking & went like stink) Just as I was signing over the log book to him, he was telling me about how he wanted to put 17's on it etc :( Sounded like he wanted to turn it in to a real kevin-mobile. Hope that's still going around, sooo much time & money went in to that car!

Anyone in the Bognor Area know of a red RS Turbo reg. E360 JNO?

I sold an old Mk1 Astra GTE which was in excellent condition and over the next 12 months saw it change hands 4 times. Twice on ebay! I saw pics of it looking really tatty and parked on rough land when it had been near immaculate just a couple of months before!

Hi all

I stumbled upon this while going through some webserver logs. I'm a bit annoyed at the way I've been depicted by the first post, so thought I ought to clear things up a little.

When I bought the CRX in October last year, it had seen better days. Although generally it was in good shape, and mechanically it was sound, the bodywork left a little to be desired. For instance, the bonnet appeared to have been used as a riot shield in LA, such were the intensity of stone chips. The rear arches were also falling to bits.

Because of this, it was always my plan to have a lot of bodywork fixed to restore it to its original condition. When I was t-boned at a junction the cost sky-rocketed; when I removed the sill covers it was obvious that they were rotting away. Then, when we removed the rear bumper, the quality of the previous respray became apparent. The backpanel had not been repaired correctly and had rotted around the welds. Also, where the backpanel joined the n/s/r quarter a large quantity of fibreglass had been used to plug a hole. Unfortunately the surrounding area of metal was rotting away. This is how it looked:

a>).jpg

So as well as the replacement door, 2 new sills, and a new backpanel, it also had a new n/s/r quarter panel. All brand new Honda parts I might add (apart from the door).

Yet more evidence of the poor work done previously was the water evident in the paint on the o/s/f wing, and the paint that had cracked on the sunroof. Both of these panels had to be stripped back to the metal.

Anyway it was all finished for Christmas and since then it's been loved and cherished. I have so far spent around £5,500 on restoring this car, so please don't write me off as some kid who trashed Jedi's old car, because it simply isn't true.

Here's a few of pics from a few days ago...

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Thanks for reading :)

See http://niknak.org/g/?p=%2FCars%2FMy+Car ... +Honda+CRX for many more pictures.

..Simon

woah, that looks stunning... I've always had a little soft spot for the CRX, and this looks like a really nice example now... 8)

Looks much better for the work (still jap cr4p though - no offence ;) ) and should last this time... really pi$$es me off when you spend good money for a job and it only looks good for a couple of years (in reference to poor quality welds etc at the top of your post! I had my mk1 Golf done a few years ago and to be honest the new owner is going to have to re-do most of the work due to rust coming back, filler cracking and more rot round the 'new' arches :roll: Also have a mate that was rear ended in his 3 series which now need the replacement rear quarters replacing where they are rusting (like crazy) around the welds!!! I hope you new work was done to a high standard and lasts the test of time 8)

Bloody hell.. thats cleanest looking car i've seen in some time mate!

Very nice!

An enormous amount of respect to you sir! Not usually a lover of Jap cars, but that looks really nice. Are they league Wheels?

Thanks a lot for the comments :)

They are League wheels fitted by JediKnight. 037's I think. I'm getting some 15" Rota Circuit 8's soon, black with a polished rim for the full Jap effect ;)

Shad,

I appreciate your commitment to that car,I would have given up on it ages ago and I would like to say your persistance in restoring it to its as new look very commendable.

Chubbz

That's far and away the nicest CRX I've seen. You've put a lot of effort into it and it's paid off big time! Nice one.

Wow....wanna borrow my Corrado for a couple of months? The catch is you have to give it back THAT clean.

Stunning...simply stunning.

Ah the beast returns.... i think there was another owner in between myself and shad.... but when i sold it it had just been restored... although i have to say i was never please with the ease that the newly painted bonnet chipped!!

Looks great though now!! although i still love those wheels!!! dont change them!!

nice work all in all though

Nathan

That really is nice... 8)

Nearly bought one of those CRX's myself a few years back but i couldn't fit in it comfortably, and I'm only 6'!