Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

100k milestone

Its a scary feeling. You just expect the car to suddenly go like a clown car - the doors drop off, and the bonnet files open whilst water sprays everywhere.

Hehe :)

Why do you guys feel compelled to take pics of your speedos at 100K??? LOL! We're not in the 50s anymore. 100K is nothing for a well maintained VW! Mine got to 103K before I'd even noticed it had surpassed the 'milestone'!

Its the first car I've owned where the far left digit has been anything other than '0'! You're right kev, if its been looked after its not a massive deal, which is testiment to what a fine car it is :wink:

I know what you mean jim, as the counter ticked over i did actually brace myself for the wheels to fall off and the to engine set on fire, bit of an anticlimax when nothing happened, albeit a happy one!

Come on! You've all got some time to catch up to J-DUB's 250K miles while she's resting... :p :lol: 8)

I have a picture of my old Golf's odometer saying 123,456. Had to pull over onto the motorway hardshoulder to grab that one :) Will have to see if I can find it.

I've got one of my MKI Golf 16V (on the M62 a test track at the time) with the speedo and rev counter off the ends of the scales as it clocked up 100K miles! :lol: I really must dig it out and scan it in... ;) 8)

LOL! I've got a 100,000 photo of my old Golf and I'm sure I got one too at 123,456 and had to pull into the hard shoulder or side of the road or whatever.

I've only got 12,000 or so to go for the big 200,000 in the Corrado and then the next milestone is the distance to the moon which is around 238,000 if I remember correctly!

However, since I no longer commute to work, it's going to take ages to get there.

Anybody with true astronomical mileages on their Corrado?

Well, Henny's 250k is pretty atronomical! Mine's on just under 205k (engine's only done 70k though :wink: ).

I think Andi's VR6 (forum admin) has done over 200K on the original engine - which is damn good going for a VR!

Mine is nearly 190k on original engine. As far as I know it's never had the head off either. I _think_ (hope too!) the chains have been done. There's no noise from them.

Sometimes I worry about the mileage, but it runs fine. The only problem is the oilyness of cylinder 6 but it used to be sooty too and really foul up to the point of not running, but I think I sorted that out with the new hall sender and blue temp sensor.

I have to put in a fair bit of oil, but I think it's still within spec.

Alan

hmmm 'only' got 135k right now, been taking it easy with her during the winter, she'll have 150k+ by the end of summer 05 tho! If most of this mileage is done on the motorway and I am getting 30+mpg I figured that it's not bad really!