Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Corrado Forum Car of the Year - Nominations

Not sure if anything like this has been set up before, but I thought it would be interesting to vote on what we as a forum think is the best car on this forum.

This is just the nomination stage in order to determine who should be entered into the poll.

I'll start by nominating a few members that I think stand out:

A20LEE

A20LEE.jpg

A20LEE_2.jpg

Banana Man

Banana%20Man.jpg

Banana%20Man_2.jpg

Cheesy

Cheesy.jpg

Cheesy_2.jpg

G60Dan

G60Dan.jpg

G60Dan_2.jpg

G60Renshaw

G60Renshaw.jpg

G60Renshaw_2.jpg

Henny

Henny.jpg

Henny_2.jpg

MoonlightVR

MoonlighVR.jpg

MoonlighVR_2.jpg

OSV

OSV.jpg

OSV_2.jpg

PhatVR6

PhatVR6.jpg

PhatVR6_2.jpg

Kevhaywire

Kevhaywire.jpg

500.jpg

ScruffyDubbers

ScruffyDubbers.jpg

ScruffyDubbers_2.jpg

Maddub

Maddub.jpg

Maddub_2.jpg

I'd like to include others such as Biggerbigben, PhatVR6 and CoxyLaad, but as these are still 'Work in Progress' cars, I thought they could enter next year :lol:

Please add your nominations to the list. You may nominate yourself or someone else. Nominate cars that you feel could be called the 'best corrado on this forum'. Only forum members may be included. If you get nominated and do not wish to be included in this, then just say and I won't add you to the poll when it happens.

The Nominations do not have to be just for best looking or performing Corrado, but rather the car (or selection of cars) you like the most for any reason.

I'll not set up the poll until the end of december in order to give people time to add their nominations to the list (and time for me to work out how to create a poll - do I need to be a mod to do this??)

Also would be useful if you could include a couple of pictures of the cars you're nominating so we all know who exactly we are voting for.

Nominations Please :D

Chris

*EDIT*

The new polls have been added

Original + >> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191302

Bodywork >> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191303

Engine >> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18357

For me I think Jay Rensaws car gets my vote so far with Henny's coming in a close 2nd. Whilst people are deserting the G60 in favour of the 1.8T its nice to see that people are still basing projects around them. Jay's is cool because.. well.. look at it! And Henny's simply because of the amount of hardwork and graft he put in to produce something that sounded and went like a rocket ship!

My vote goes to a20lee with g60dan coming a close second, based purely on looks though. Thats not to say i dont apreciate the others, its a tough choice!

moonlight VR gets my vote

OSV is in there too.

some seriously nice cars in attendance at this forum. and my dented old vr6 :(

Crikey this is difficuly.... but as per my mood this morning for me it would have to be banana man because of the sheer lariness of it, then G60Dan because it looks like what i think the corrado always should have been, and then for moodiness A20LEE beauty.... but i'd have any of them in a flash

Difficult one this as there are so many quailty corrados on here at the moment, all of the above are turely outstanding but if i had to choose one it would have to be bananaman, not because its better quailty than any of the others (god i hate them white wheels too) but for the huge effort he has put into his car over the past year to get it all sorted and not given up when it all went wrong etc etc . He deserves an award as i think i would of thrown it away months ago if it were mine...well done you get my vote anyway...

CRW_6046_pre.jpg

Good point Daz,

Theres so many different varieties within the forum, maybe we should categorise them e.g

Best Standard

Best Modified

Best Engine Mods

Best Stealth mods

etc

are we going to give out medals too?

what about speaches?

Plus we need a project in the making category

plus plus I think we also need a best dead car category (that ones for henny :lol: )

How about the winning car replacing the Forum banner pic - and perhaps do this annually?

The racing car is dull now.... need something better than that to greet new people :lol:

This should possibly be linked to next years planned forum calender, surely here are the contenders for that.

How about the winning car replacing the Forum banner pic - and perhaps do this annually?

The racing car is dull now.... need something better than that to greet new people :lol:

Sounds like a plan :)

plus plus I think we also need a best dead car category (that ones for henny :lol: )

She's not dead... :p She's just resting... ;) Plans are afoot for a little Frankenstein styleee operation or two over the next couple of months, so you may well see her again at a show near you soon... ;) 8)

Ok made the first post into a poll. Get voting :)

If people make a lot of suggestions for other motors which are missing, then please say so and i'll add them.. not sure what the max number of poll items is though so...

i hate tooting my own horn and even though theres others which clearly deserve this honour more, i love mine cos its mine and im biased :) seriously though, the true best in my opinion isnt there.

when biggerbigbens is finished, it will be the ultimate, hands down!

I've added Phat to the poll as his car WAS running this year as a VR6 (and a 2.0 8V for a bit too!) and was pretty damned special before he managed to blow it up... :roll: Hell, his ran longer (in total) than mine ran for this year too... :oops: :lol:

I voted for phat because he had the balls to do the R32 thing. the other cars are superb but hats off to the big man for doing it.

I think kevhaywire's should be up there as well as yours Jim

I was just thinking the same thing Dan... Added to poll... 8)

*edit - Nuts, ran out of Poll options... :( Sorry Jim...

I think kevhaywire's should be up there as well as yours Jim

I was just thinking the same thing Dan... Added to poll... 8)

*edit - Nuts, ran out of Poll options... :( Sorry Jim...

might be a bit of faffin about, but it might be better to do categories?

only the first post can have a poll in it, and that can only have 10 options in it.... :|

Dunno how we'd do this to be honest... :|

do a few threads?

might be an idea then to split them into engine sizes etc

eg

best 1.8 16v

best 2.0 16

best 2.0 8v

best 1.8 G60

best VR6

best engine transplant

etc etc etc