Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Central Locking - locks all from outside but not from inside

My central locking works fine when using the remote outside the car, i.e. all locks activate, however when sitting in the car and pressing the door lock pin down, it only operates that individual door. Shouldn't it activate the whole system? Any ideas what might be wrong?

Does the CL work by pressing the knob then? Never tried it. I always assumed you had to use the alarm or key as the switches that trigger the CL pump are in the handle.

Oh ok. Maybe I'm just expecting it to do something it doesn't! Guess I'm just used to other cars where you can press the door pins down and it activates the whole lot. Kind of handy though if you are driving slowly through a bad neighbourhood!

My C used to trigger the central locking when you push the driver's door pin down, but it doesn't any more since I had the handle replaced.

I couldn't be arsed to get the garage to fix it, on the basis that they fecked up the window mechanism first time they looked at it so I'd rather they just left it alone!!

Pretty sure on my old 2.0 16v that pressing the drivers side door pin down locked the doors, but the passenger one didnt.. or vice versa. I don't remeber the specifics but I am certain this was discussed on the eGroup some years ago :)

That's sort of what I'd expect. Just thinking though, and I actually have a different key for the driver's door, so chances are that when the driver's door lock was replaced by a previous owner, it wasn't set-up right.

Yeah, just checked mine and it does activate the CL by pressing the driver's knob. Never knew that....and I've had the car 2 years :roll: :lol:

You need to investigate the actuator and / or the handle on the driver's side unfortunately. Not a nice proposition at this time of year :?

Mine doesn't do that!!! :cry: :cry:

Always thought it should though, but I'd rather not mess with it incase it all goes pear shaped!!

T.

My old VR used to lock all doors when you press the drivers door pin, new one however does not do this. One of the silly little things i can be bothered with at the moment, but if there is a quick fix ill try it out. BTW CL works either by turning the key in the door or remote.

Thread ressurection :!:

Does everyone else have an unconnected plug in their drivers door?

Anything to do with the door pin activating the central locking? :?

And on the vac operated pump,there is a leccy connection for a plug! Wonder what happens if you plug it in :?:

Edit:Just to add,i did have a poke about with a 12v tester a while ago...and the plugs wiring is something to do with the central locking for definate...Im guessing that the connection on the actuator...will just complete a circuit (one live into the connection,then coming out) when the pin is pushed down.

It be a mechanical switch rather than electrical...

Anyone want to go try it? :!: