Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

New Company Car - Not VW - Sorry

Right, have had a battle getting this sorted but have now come to an agreement with my boss.... this is coming off the forecourt in the morning and IMO is rare and worth being proud of!!!

I know it's french but it's not bad and to be honest... heated leather and sat nav would make most of us hot :lol:

So, what do you guys think?

know what you mean.. it's a 2.2 hdi! Not great but not bad either... shouldn't make my valver feel too slow :wink:

If it's anything like my pug 406 works car, the indicators are my biggest problem, after indicating right and self-cancelling, it usually puts the left one on by itself, has been several miles in the past before I notice. got used to this 'feature' now though.

Sat-nav was a problem on mine cause it's got track-star fitted and the GPS aerial for the trackstar was interfering with the satnav somehow, it was usually about 55 miles out! 'Turn right now' commands from a lady behind the dashboard was quite funny when in the outside lane of the motorway. They cured it by moving the aerials to different positions, now it's a useful tool, but mine uses a remotecontrol to use it which is a pain when driving (and probably a bit naughty!)

The only thing that could improve that car are:

a) metallic grey paintwork. somehow that just looks *right* on those cars

b) the 3.0 V6 engine.. :)

..though the reviews of the car all state that the 2.2 HDi is a cracking engine anyway, "for a diesel". Unless you're a complete petrol-head it's the best of the lot, even the V6 isn't much better.

The v6 WOULD be a worthy replacement for the Corrado. I really like the 406 Coupe. But it's too long, and parking it in my street would be impossible... ;)

my friend was following one of these in his valver finally caught up wit the chap in the french shite at 140

Yeah they are nice cars, no doubt about it. Certainly wouldn't turn one down :)