Sign in to follow this  
g60Dazzaman

Dubsport have created an almost 500hp 4x4 Rado VR!!!!!

Its official!!!

its in Golf+ mag it has:

2.9 Vr6

Hybrid Garrett GTS turbocharger (speced with t3 and t3 parts for no lag!)

ATP Exhaust manifold

Turbosmart wastegate

Off the shelf Mitsubishi Evo VII intercooler

100bhp NOS Kit

Forged Pistons (lower the engine compression to 8:1

Chromoly Pauter Con Rods

Standard Crank (whole bottom end is balanced)

JR Cone Filter with 5" intake

Three Fuel Pumps and a swirl pot!

V6 4Motion 6spd gearbox

Fk Coilover suspension

Golf G60 4wd system

It has 470bhp 500lb.ft torque

0-60: 4.1secs

0-100: 10secs dead

standing qtr 12.6secs

Its purple L reg and looks completely standard! that must have cost a fortune, but what a result! its going on here about using MK3 wishbones on the rear to sort out the camber issue as the mk2 set up makes the wheels sit funny, mught be worth looking into for you guys who want a syncro rado!

Well thats a bit crap - 500bhp from 3 litres, even allowing for the limited revs available (poor bore:stroke ratio) i would have thought a reliable 650bhp would have been fairly easy. I won't mention the nos.....

Sorry Chris,

I dont have a scanner! i've looked on thegolf website and dubsports but its not there! Its apparently the fastest Corrado in Europe!!!!

It looks completly standard Aubergine paint, even the stock front grill, lights, rear spoiler! it does have a rubbish set of 5 spoke wheels though!

Just whack the TVR speed 12 engine in. 940 bhp with no worries, and not a turbo or nitrous shot in sight.

(ok, it's 7.7 litres tho... :) )

I think a rolls royce engine out of a tornado should do it! might be a bit slow to get going though! and i think you might need to adapt the rear spoiler to stop it takin orf!

Putting a speed 12 engine in a corrado..... Well it cant handle any worse than the TVR can it!!!!! :shock:

YES! i just read the article! the guy had a motorbike crash and told he wouldn't be able to walk again! i was staggered at the BHP and what they'd done to it! obviously PVW is the better mag!!!!!

Give it a go then scruffy! it'll be good to see a 650bhp Corrado! that would be a serious ferrari eater!!!

Well i would if I had any money. Anyway I prefer fords - aiming for 320bhp from 2litres on standard bottom end and head..... And the bottom ends good for 8600rpm too - some solid lifters and so's the top end :)

Give it a go then scruffy! it'll be good to see a 650bhp Corrado! that would be a serious ferrari eater!!!

Mark told me he can get 800bhp out of a VR with an open cheque book.

I think you'll find that he's done a cowboy job. put golf wishbones on the front, so they are shorter, so he can use the rallye driveshafts, instead of doing it properly and having some made up the right length or using golf vr6 syncro ones.

That's probably becasue it's a rallye box, with a vr6 syncro bell housing. I should know, I sold him the rear diff, and the f*cker never paid for it in full.

The rear floorpan is a bodge too. I haven't seen dubsport do a proper 4x4 job yet.

cracking engine though, shame the 4wd won't last 5 mintues.

the b******! and hows your little number going!? gonna get more than 470bhp outa that little baby!? it sounds almost amazing!

Almost amazing is an understatement!

Sounds MENTAL,

Phatvr6, are you going to try and get yours in either Golf+ or Performance VW?

Wait and see ;-)

can't see it pushing more than 300bhp myself, don't really want it to, it's a daily driver.

then again, I do have an NOS sportsman fogger direct port nitrous kit sat in a box in my shed..........

obviously PVW is the better mag!!!!!

I find it much more 'abosorbant' than other lesser mags...:lol:

So do the yanks have the fastest C? And is it possible to fit a V8 in a Corrado? I thought FI was the only way of massive power in a C.

I think you'll find that he's done a cowboy job. put golf wishbones on the front, so they are shorter, so he can use the rallye driveshafts, instead of doing it properly and having some made up the right length or using golf vr6 syncro ones.

Thought using mk2 wishbones would be a good idea. Makes room for bigger rims and/or more brake clearance. Think i'll be spacing out the front wheel to clear the new brakes

470bhp is plenty enough for a reliable motor and Scruffy seems to forget the T3 (used on the 1600 RS Turbo) is a small turbo for 3 litres and it's only a 12V engine with a restrictive assymetric head. Sure you can get the same from a 2.0 Cosworth lump but it was designed to be forced induction (albeit based on an existing Ford block with Cosworth head) but all the 500 bhp cossies I've known about haven't lasted 5 minutes.

And yeah...Dubsport, hmmm. But they have used some choice components though. I bet they didn't beef up the CVs with uprated steel cages though.

I remember seeing this in their car park months ago and yep it was totally standard apart from no badges to indicate engine size or variant and one of the first things that struck me was how bad the wheels were!