Sign in to follow this  
reeceg

Optimum lowering ride height on 16v corrado

I'm looking to lower my 94 corrado, But as i live in the land of sleeping police men dont want to drop it to low and end up with no front spoiler. I was looking at 40mm but have measure arch to wheels doesnt look low enough. next is 55mm but front spoiler looks low. Whats most drop people using with out sraping front spoiler? On 15" wheels

I've seen those weitec kits on 40mm drop. Read about them didnt no anyone using them tho. Tx kit with the adj damper are the ones i like. Would have coilovers but would have to get fully adj ones (bloody exspensive) not just height seem a waste of time to get just height adj ones. To me anyway.

Yours looks nice m8! We in liverpool got some humps round here like mountains, I catch my mk2 all the time and thats dropped only 40mm on bilsteins and my exh catches all the time. You should see when i got my mates in it forget going anywhere. Got to get it ready for gti int.

somewhere around 60-80mm seems to look best although that might be a little low on 15's! mines lowered 40mm on 16's and the (90mm) spoiler doesnt catch that often but looks wise its not as low as i'd like. if its a 94 you'll have the smaller front spoiler allowing you to go that little bit lower without it catching.

I have to go over about a dozen or so speed bumps on my way to work each day. At the end of last year I was experimenting with different ride heights on my coilovers, and I found that about 40mm was about best compromise. Looks about right on the speedline rims too. I guess it also depends on how nasty the speed bumps are in your area.

Mines lowered 35mm. No problems on speed bumps, but in multi storey car parks the spoiler hits at the bottom of the ramps.

Yep that's the only time mine hits too (90mm spoiler) and I'm minus 45. If I see entrances to any places where there's gouges on the road, I tend to find an alternative entrance as the scraping noise is just too painful!

If you can get clenched fist between the floor and spoiler, you're generally OK.

your post is titled 'optimum height', if you really mean that then going too low could mean your wishbones are pointing upwards some of the time and that won't be 'optimum' for handling. If best handling is your goal then don't go too low as suspension travel and geometry will be a big problem, if it's for looks only then go for a ride height that suits your wheel size viewed against the arches, IMO once the tyre disappears under the arch it starts to look worse than a tyre that fits neatly.

Of course adjustable ride height is probably what you really need, then you can 'jack it up' for trips though bad speed humps.

On second thoughts what you really need is a citroen on hydro/pneumatic suspension then you can go from tractor to race car with the flick of a switch :wink:

David.

David.

Yep that's the only time mine hits too (90mm spoiler) and I'm minus 45. If I see entrances to any places where there's gouges on the road, I tend to find an alternative entrance as the scraping noise is just too painful!

If you can get clenched fist between the floor and spoiler, you're generally OK.

:lol: That's as bad as mine was on the standard (10yr old saggy) springs...

Myns lowered abt 100mm on coilovers.. running the 90mm front spilter too, Yes it catches, but its only plastic!!