Jim

Fitted some home tinted lights..

Just wondered whether you guys think they are any good on my car.. I figured dark lights and dark green car would work ok and I actually think they look good.

But wouldn't mind some opinions... apologies for the crapola camera phone picture!

Think they look good and suit your car but the tint looks like it could do with a laquer... more of a fan of red tinting myself 8)

I like em Jim, but are you so embarrased that you had to park in the corner of the car park :lol:

I think as a Corrado owner, you can appreciate why I park away from the various repmobiles that populate my office car park ;)

Phil - I think there could be a lot better options about there but I got these mega cheap and just wanted to see what I felt about having modified tail lights before I did anything else. Still have my original clusters and it was only a 15 minute job to swap em :)

sorry to say I'm not keen... like Phil, I'm more of an all red fan, as when done right they look OEM, however whenever I see the darker top tint (no matter how good a job) I always think its obvious its been tinted.

Give them a good T-Cutting and polish and they'll look much better although i'm in the all red camp TBH

Won't t-cut just totally remove the paint from them? Or is it not abbraisive enough for that?

Look really good mate! Have they been laquered?

Now you need some smoked side repeaters to go with them!

ps- think these look better than all reds would on a green car :wink:

Smoked side repeaters are next.. when I have some spare money. I've got so many outgoings this month, I don't know how i'll manage.

I can't really be sure if they have been laquered or not - having never done home tinting on lights myself, I don't know what i'm looking for - I got these pre-tinted :)

Know what you mean with the money :roll: I'd set aside a bit for a new exhaust and suspension, but it's pretty much all gone on other 'more important' stuff, so they'll probably never get done now :cry: as all my savings are going towards a new car next autumn.

Do they have a nice shiny, glossy finish? If so they've been laquered. Worth doing IMO.

Won't t-cut just totally remove the paint from them? Or is it not abbraisive enough for that?

Its fine as long as you aren't ham fisted, just start gently and evenly over the entire surface and monitor the progress wiping clean as you go along until you reveal a shinier more transparent OE style finish

hummm, they look familiar... ;) :lol: (they've not been laquered as far as I know...)

I like 'em Jim... Looking good mate! :D 8)

Too much contrast against the red IMHO, but maybe its the camera (you know they never lie), might look better in zee flesh

Yeah - the camera phone makes it look a little stronger than it actually is to be fair.

Look very good mate - liking the all reds :) How come you took the rear number plate surround off though?