some pleb thought my car was a renault 9 or something but there have been moments when old fellas have said with a sigh "always wanted one of them after me scirocco..." then they get lead away with there wife and kids into a xsara. Must admit though....girls just dont get Corrados (urgh, isnt it a tigra?)

some pleb thought my car was a renault 9 or somethin

:shock:

Most of the young girls here love my car lol, they always say when they get in "Oh don't go fast please!" :lol:

ha we on about the car yeh lol? I dunno girls up here in the NE are quite anti-VW. need to be round in shape and all that. give them a calibra and burberry scarf and their happy! saying that though there are some beauty lil examples of vws my fav being the "billabug"

billapage1.jpgbillapage3.jpg

13.jpgp20029.jpg

ha we on about the car yeh lol? I dunno girls up here in the NE are quite anti-VW. need to be round in shape and all that. give them a calibra and burberry scarf and their happy!

True, all the girls younger than 18 are like that, get into crappy ass 106 1.1 with lexus lights on etc, but the older girls really like the C :D

Most of the young girls here love my car lol, they always say when they get in "Oh don't go fast please!"

taxi for Mr Glitter! :D

where you from white_vw_corrado? I remember a white valver in sunderland when I worked on the business park down there, not you is it?

i had a guy in a petrol station saying 'ooh, is that the new scirocco? i read about it the other day.' :lol:

He seemed like a bit of a mentalist and smelt of wee though. He went on to say he had the old scirocco, but had to sell it because 'the mrs can't bend much any more'

then the guy in the petrol station said 'is that you corrado?' i said yes, but he didnt offer up a chuftie :(

A guy that smelled of wee and a cashier you were hoping to 'offer up a chuftie' eh?

Bristol sounds nice :?

then the guy in the petrol station said 'is that you corrado?' i said yes

Are you sure he didn't mistake you for someone off the Soprano's?

Nah i got my Corrado from Newton Aycliffe area and it now lives in Teesside. My car was off the road for like 3 years before i bought it, with no engine or wheels - but its running cool enough now. Toying with the idea of an engine conversion getting a late 2.9vr6 put in and full break and suspension conversion for just under £2000. But theres also a golf rallye with a 2.9vr6 engine,full leather, audi TT alloys for £3000 so i dont really know what to do...any sugestions? £2000 a fair price for such a conversion?

then the guy in the petrol station said 'is that you corrado?' i said yes

Are you sure he didn't mistake you for someone off the Soprano's?

i think he had a speech impediment, :oops: although, i must admit, there is a likeness! :wink:

A guy that smelled of wee and a cashier you were hoping to 'offer up a chuftie' eh?

Bristol sounds nice :?

Thats the historic city of bath mate! The cashier did offer it 'up the chuftie'.. but thats a different story :pukeright:

He seemed like a bit of a mentalist and smelt of wee though. He went on to say he had the old scirocco, but had to sell it because 'the mrs can't bend much any more'(

Hilarious. Just the sort of conversation you don't mind leaving, quick sharp!

Friend of mine from Seattle who was over at Crimbo gave many compliments to the C. She said she 'only dreamed' of having one when she was younger.

The chap in the barbers wouldn't stop talking about his Calibra (2l red top) when I divulged I had a C (I don't normally like talking at the barbers, and today I remembered why!). He did at least say that he was bored with his Calibra after four months, although he was convinced it was a top car.

My dad commented that it must be nice having a car that you really like, that doesn't cost all that much to buy, so you can't lose too much in depreciation. I hadn't thought of it like that before, but then he probably doesn't realise the size of the repair bills!

He's still worrying about fixing the bumper on his Leon 20VT, which he bought after I had an Ibiza Cupra. I bet he buys a C next!

Just had a one, even when car was in the garage!

My mate just got back from uni, so we went for a drive and he said he wanted to see where my car was being done, went into the car park of the garage to see a bloke really giving the car a good looking into, as in peeking through the windows, standing back and really looking at it, going round it nodding etc. and it definately wasn't somebody who worked in the garage either!

When I first saw him I said "Whats that nosey " bugger doing, so my mate said "Admiring it I suppose", so I just grinned like- :D .

Pretty jammy really, got there at the right time lol, so I guess that's cheered me up from seeing the poor ol car there!

Is this thread still alive...?

My mates mum came to the door at the weekend as i was dropping him home. "youre car was making my windows shake!"

Not sure if its a 'chuftie', but made me smile none-the-less. :D

Good one today, rolled up at ATS to get my Solitudes removed for refurbing and the manager there kept saying how much he loved the car - he said the usual that you don't see many about these days. He had a Civic Type R but said he'd love to own a Storm! Even commented on the number plate....then gave me a really good discount! :wink: I left feeling very contented.

On the way back from No Rice tonight I got stopped by a nice horsey lady that wanted to know what it was... said she loved the wheels and the colour and hadn't ever seen one before!!!

Then she went on to say that she loves cars and is about to buy a '74 mustang 8)

Drove home feeling quite pleased about that...

- mi thinks Phil had his sleevless tank-top on and his shades and that the 'nice horsey lady' was chattin him up ;)

..oO(hmmm, peachy rear-ended horsey women) I knew there was a reason for slowing down for them

My girlfriend has been driving the C over the last week and the other day she was minding her own business on the motorway and a MK4 GTI pulled up along side checking out the car and put his hand out as if to say 'come on then, lets see what it's got'. She ignored him, so he pulled in front and then slowed down to force her to overtake, which she did. This game went on until she left the M4 and he respectfully nodded and went on his way. I told her next time to drop it into 4th at 70mph and floor it - give the Goof chap what he wanted to see (and hear!).

This morning she rocked up at work in it and the lads at her work didn't even say good morning, they just said "what are you doing driving a tasty car like that?!".....quality :D

Went out to my car the other day in the work car park and there was a note on the windscreen...

Hoping it was from the fit girl in finance, but it was second best... Someone saying they really liked my car and if I was ever thinking of selling it to give them first refusal!!

Still have the note in my glovebox so if there's anyone in it when the car breaks down next I can show them that it actually is a desirable car!!

A few of the lads in my block of flats were discussing the merits of my Corrado the other day.The boys are brothers,roughly 14-18(there's 3 of them).When I first got the car I caught the youngest prowling around it.(bless him)

So,the other night-and this to my amazement-they get into a stand up argument about the qualities/drawbacks to the Corrado.Whom I take as the oldest says(to his brother)"it's a classic car,waankstain." is met with the retort that infact it is "a piece of schitt." A fcukin piece of schitt,at that.

I'm at the window(voyeur)enthralled.

What's the verdict?..2-1 in favour of the Corrado,and that's from youngsters!

Decided to wash the car in between the rain on Saturday and this woman walks past and starts telling me how nice the C is and that she's noticed it a few times "It looks fast, how fast does it go?" etc etc. So I'm saying cheers thanks alot, she then holds out her hand, coughs and asks me for my Christian Aid envelope.

I know its for a good cause but I felt like I had been shot down in my C owning prime! :( :?