got round to fitting my new hose pipe today so I could wash the car, had Two neighbours come out for a chat and a nose round the car while I was cleaning. And one one random guy who stopped and reversed back just so he could take a pic on his phone :lol:

Been living in this house for over a year now and not spoken to the neighbours once till today lol

Got another yesterday :clap: . On my way to the Rally day at Castle Coombe, filled car up at Wootton Bassett and the lady behind the counter asked what it was and told me it was a lovely looking car and the colour suited it well :salute:

Another comment in a petrol station on how nice my car in and the condition of the paint work. Im for ever being asked if its had a recent paint job (hasnt been painted since it come out the factory) makes me well happy with the amount of cleaning hours i put into the car :D

Doing my Saturday afternoon shopping at my local breakers,young lad walks by as i`am getting my tools out of the boot,

Cor that's a nice car mate ,

Made my excursion all the more worthwhile :D

Saturday morning a bloke came round and gave me a card for his window cleaning business, just before he turned to leave he simply said "Nice car mate".

Made me smile, even rusty, dented Corrados get props. :notworthy:

This thread alone made me see sense and decide not buy a Golf and get another Rad... Does that count as a chuftie?

This thread alone made me see sense and decide not buy a Golf and get another Rad... Does that count as a chuftie?

I like that :grin:

Was at blockbusters the other day, talking to someone I didnt know but my g/f did.

Him: "So who's is that red veedub thats outside yours all the time"

Me: "Thats mine, my Corrado" *smiled a bit*

Him: "Ahhh, its lovely! I stare at it every day on my way to work, realy nice!"

Me: "Yeah, I quite like it too!"

and then it goes downhill...

Him: "Yeah, I realy like muscle cars, im realy into them. It just reminds me of a real muscle car!"

Me: "Eh?"

Him: "I realy like muscle cars, and it reminds me of a proper muscle car... looks great!"

Me: "... Thanks".

Knowing when to stop is an art, sometimes silence is golden! Bloody muscle car indeed!!! ITS MY SPORTS COUPE!!! (With extra definition on the "PE" part!!!!!)

:epicfail:

Had a guy come to look at my parents loft insulasion today and he was a big dub fan.

Had a chat to him for 10 mins and he used to own a silver valver :D

By the way he was talking when he left I think he might be in the market for a vr6 8) :lol:

:D

Chap in the petrol station yesterday in a new(ish? chershed plate)) BMW commented on how corrados deservingly get a lot of attention because you don't see many about 8) .

Complimented me on it and said he used to have an E38 but it was too much for a daily, but still regreted loosing it!! Told me to stick with it :clap:

Last week I was fiddling inside the C an over heard a dad saying to his young lad, " Yes it is a nice car, you don't see many of them around now"

Can't have been my wife's blown up Corsa or the neighbours Peugeot Partner they were talking about!!!!!

Was at my local garage this morning getting the rado mot'd and before i even got into the garage to let them know i was there a chap came out of the waiting room into the car park and told me he used to own a vr6 about 4 years ago, he seemed really excited to have a look round mine and obviously brought back many happy memories. He said that family commitments forced him to sell it and he now drives round in a seat leon tdi, spent the next half hour whilst my mot was been done chatting about corrado's, nice to meet someone who shares such enthusiasm!

Had the screen replaced and the Autoglass man was admiring the car alot! :clap:

The usual mix of "Lovely cars these, don't see many around" type comments.

Had a CAT 1 alarm fitted by Andy (trim wizard) and he said my car was the best condition Corrado he'd ever seen (maybe he was talking about the wiring.... :shrug: ).............. :wave:

Had the wierdest chuftie ever. I was walking home about 2 am having had a couple of beers when the police pulled up and asked what I was up to and where was I going and what did I have in the bag. "I'm going home and all that's in the bag is poetry books" says I, whereupon the driver gets out and checks the bag. He clocks that the name on the books is mine and asks about it and then gets back into the car. The guy in the passenger seat then gets out and says, "Are you the guy with the white Corrado?" "Yes." I says, so he invites me into the car and they give me a lift home where they have a look around the car, with the passenger saying he fancies getting one himself and I should give it a wash and sort out the wear on the drivers bolster. Then as a bonus the driver bought one of my books. Are our police getting soft on Corrado owners?

Had the wierdest chuftie ever. I was walking home about 2 am having had a couple of beers when the police pulled up and asked what I was up to and where was I going and what did I have in the bag. "I'm going home and all that's in the bag is poetry books" says I, whereupon the driver gets out and checks the bag. He clocks that the name on the books is mine and asks about it and then gets back into the car. The guy in the passenger seat then gets out and says, "Are you the guy with the white Corrado?" "Yes." I says, so he invites me into the car and they give me a lift home where they have a look around the car, with the passenger saying he fancies getting one himself and I should give it a wash and sort out the wear on the drivers bolster. Then as a bonus the driver bought one of my books. Are our police getting soft on Corrado owners?

RaNdOm Chuftie! :lol:

How did they know you where 'the guy with the white corrado'? Been pulled the week before :lol:

He'd bollocked me a couple of weeks before for cutting through some local roadworks to get to the petrol station. There doesn't seem to be many C's about my area so it gets noticed by those who like quality cars, not thay mines a prime example. Redundancy and a mortgage limit what you'd like to do. That said most of the taxi drivers etc ask about the car when I climb in and a few have asked to be advised if I ever think of selling it. If I'd the relative success with my writing as I've had owning a Corrado I may have become better off financailly. Ah well, that's life I suppose. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've just finished a novel and it's being considered by a publisher. Move over JK Rowling, it's my turn now.

Thought I was getting a chuftie off an old bloke in the petrol station today, staring at the front of the car intently. He then came over and said 'where are you from then?' I replied with a confused 'errr Sheffield?!' he then tapped my German style pressed plates and said 'Shouldn't have those on then - naughty naughty'.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :bad-words:

WHAT A W****R!

Thought I was getting a chuftie off an old bloke in the petrol station today, staring at the front of the car intently. He then came over and said 'where are you from then?' I replied with a confused 'errr Sheffield?!' he then tapped my German style pressed plates and said 'Shouldn't have those on then - naughty naughty'.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :bad-words:

WHAT A W****R!

Might av been a friendly copper? You never know... (oh my naivety)

Was cleaning the car yesterday and a guy came over and had a really good look at the car. He asked if it really was an H reg and said it was stunning 8)

Dont know if this counts as a chuftie but was wearing my corrado tshirt one day on holiday and had two guys said "is that a Corrado" "they are nice" "do you drive one" "they were nice cars back then"

made me feel a bit smug :D

Two tales to tell :lol:

When I got my 'rado earlier this year I was talking to my next door neighbour and he said "Nice car...I used to drive one of those in the 1980's...a Scirocco isn't it" :epicfail:

Recently filling up with petrol a hoodie was at the neighbouring pump in a souped up Lupo GTi. Thought "Oh no" when he walked across but he said "Nice car...what's a Storm?" I explained that it was the run-out VR6 model. He then complimented me on the cream leather and he mentioned he also owned a a Polo G40. A very pleasant surprise and reminded me that not all hoodies are bad. :clap:

Two tales to tell :lol:

When I got my 'rado earlier this year I was talking to my next door neighbour and he said "Nice car...I used to drive one of those in the 1980's...a Scirocco isn't it" :epicfail:

Recently filling up with petrol a hoodie was at the neighbouring pump in a souped up Lupo GTi. Thought "Oh no" when he walked across but he said "Nice car...what's a Storm?" I explained that it was the run-out VR6 model. He then complimented me on the cream leather and he mentioned he also owned a a Polo G40. A very pleasant surprise and reminded me that not all hoodies are bad. :clap:

Hate that term 'hoodie' - the news loves to refer to all thugs as hoodies. I wear a hooded top every so often, on the cold days and im no where near being a thug or a chav. Though more people used to where then before the whole 'hoodie' term came out.

Sorry i'll shut up now :lol:

Pulled up outside my local off-license on way home this evening to get a few beers and there was a young lad looked 16-17 years old hanging around outside, thought he was going to ask me to buy some fags for him but instead he said "how much you pay for that?" to which i replied "enough!" he then said "thats a vr6 yeah? thats a fatt motor! Don't see many of them around anymore, really like them, well quick!" I was shocked by his knowledge! Thankfully the car hadn't been nicked when i came out of the shop but i did give him the full vr soundtrack as i booted it off down the street.

there was a young lad looked 16-17 years old hanging around outside

I was shocked by his knowledge!

Maybe it was a really small, young looking old man! :lol: