Riley

Late Black G60

When i bought the design 90's they weren't actually mirror polished,i did bring em up a little bit with polishes,but never been fussed about em being like a mirror.

Well im having a go,and while im at it taking out any little nicks/stone chip type marks to make em mint. 8)

Time is an issue but ive started one.

This is a before shot,none of the pics have shown the true state of the wheels really,but the rim outline you can see oxidisation/water marks and the circled area's show the slightly hazy finish.

polishingporkarims6.jpg

After 600 grit:Nicely scratched :shock: :lol:

polishingporkarims.jpg

polishingporkarims1.jpg

But after being washed off,a nice flat surface :cool: and can see some slight dinks left that ill work next time:

polishingporkarims2.jpg

polishingporkarims4.jpg

polishingporkarims3.jpg

Will update when i get the 800 grit on the job. :)

Neil.

Good job soo far, Neil! I quite like the brushed look :D

Need to do mine as the dishes are looking rather buggered.

I quite like the brushed look

i was going to say that too! leave them like that mate, its different and looks really good!

Well ill kinda meet you half way :lol:

Used the 800 grit earlier,and just got p|ssed off with it...really dont have the enthusiasm like i used to :(

How it looked,and then i just brought em back up with 2500 to same finish as the others rather than going 1200 grit/1500/2000 etc...

polishingporkarims800grit.jpg

Neil.

i was lookin @ the wet an dry on ya website,was thinkin of givin my borbet dishes a goin over as winter as destroyed them!!

looks like hard graft to me and i never realised how expensive wet an dry was :lol:

i was lookin @ the wet an dry on ya website,was thinkin of givin my borbet dishes a goin over as winter as destroyed them!!

looks like hard graft to me and i never realised how expensive wet an dry was :lol:

Aye,the megs stuff aint cheap...but i was really suprised by how good it is! Dosn't clog up much at all,and it gives a pretty damn uniform finish 8) Its just really nice sand paper if there's such a thing :lol:

ps:Mrb,i got it back looking like the others now using 2500 grit :D

lomeshyrepics16.jpg

Wanted some new pics to put on the for sale adverts...started getting some until i noticed the water pump had gone AGAIN :roll:

Off the road again... :roll:

radowaterpumpagain3.jpg

radowaterpumpagain2.jpg

radowaterpumpagain.jpg

Update!!!

Im keeping the piece of shit! :lol:

New wheels are here...but lets just say ive made a slight feck up :(

Something new coming under the bonnet soon.

Things ive managed...lately:

Brand new vdo vac/boost gauge :D wanted one for aaaaaages!

So i fitted it where the stereo was along with oil pressure and voltage :cool: Just need to find a better panel,this ones just temp...and match the lighting.

Also moved the stereo,and its controlled by the joystick on the steering column...also not just finished yet!

Neil.

radovdovacboostgauge.jpg

vdogaugesfitted1.jpg

vdogaugesfitted2.jpg

vdogaugesfitted3.jpg

vdogaugesfitted4.jpg

vdogaugesfitted5.jpg

mate the gear knob looks miles away from the steering wheel! does that bother you anytime? i find its too far forward - and having it higher and closer to the wheel would be great.

I do know what you mean leon!

Adjusting the seat a few times got it feeling right...i do prefer the shorter length :? :lol:

mate the gear knob looks miles away from the steering wheel! does that bother you anytime? i find its too far forward - and having it higher and closer to the wheel would be great.

_leon_ You need this then:

GENATS35023SWAN.jpg :lol:

Neil, love the stereo install leaving just enough room for a packet of fags!

Looks like a gear lever from an old cf butch bedford van :lol:

vwdeviant ,aye !

Felt strange at first hearing the stereo but not seeing it!

Not just finished it yet...may even relocate it somewhere else when i get around to it!

Ps:Excuse the worn looking drivers mat :blush:

Im amazed you can park yours on the kerb like that Neil, the spoiler looks close...

Glad your keeping it, i know youve had some problems with it but its a beauty....

Cheers m8 :D It just scrapes along the kurb nicely,not too badly like 8)

Have been a few times when ive nearly gone for the hammer...or trolley jack to attack it :lol:

Starting to actually enjoy driving it now :D !

woohoooo!!!

your keeping it!!

new heart hay? wots it gonna be? or is it a secret? carb'ed like the mk1? that would be nice 8)

what is it about 'c's? ive just sold me golf an looking for another one now, :lol:

If i was changing the lump,id definately go for a fancy carb'd 2.0 16v with steel internals etc...would love that! :D

But the lump is staying :o and aye,the rest of the car is too...i know what ya mean m8. :lol:

Black anodised/polished rocker cover and a few red anodised bolts/nuts.

I went and ballsed the rocker cover up though after washing under bonnet :( (didn't aim water at it,it just lost a bit of the dye)

radoblackrocker.jpg

radoblackrocker1.jpg

cool :) - you might be interested in this - for £30 i got the rocker cover and inlet manifold powdercoated in matt black - looks great - see my gallery thread

Neil, why don't you remove the ash tray and ciggie lighter and put the stereo in there? I did this on mine when I had the two head units. It does fit, but it requires a slight trimming of the bottom two corners of the stereo surround.

Aye,i did originally go with that idea mrB...Still got the center console knocking about somewhere.

Just wanted a bit of trimming in the dash to clear the fixing screws,and i never got around to it.

gaugesandheaterpanel1.jpg

cool :) - you might be interested in this - for £30 i got the rocker cover and inlet manifold powdercoated in matt black - looks great - see my gallery thread

Leon,that looks good m8,gonna start tidying the engine bay soon...it would have normally been minted by now...but after all the problems im only just getting around to it :shock:

Need to get the new bits done too...can't wait to sort the new front end and the new brake horse adding bits :D

Looking good Neil! What were the guages like to wire up?? I have had a set for bloody ages but havent got round to fitting them yet, but i cant move my stereo as its a flip down one so i will be putting mine where the ashtray and fag lighter are and then relocated the fag lighter so i can still use it to charge things.

Easy as pie to wire up Rob :D

Check This linky out :D

Ps:

New rims going on at around 3pm today hopefully!

Been hard work and a long time coming but can't wait!

:D :D :D