Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

hurray cheap car insurance quote at last EVEN CHEAPER NOW!

been quoted £300 for fully comp, protected 8yr NCB, no points, Cat1 alarm for my VR6 Storm from ELEPHANT

ANYONE know if their service/policy is pants?

should I stick with Esure at £424?

EDIT / UPDATE - GOT a quote from Admiral for £230 same policy - the cheapest I've ever had

ANYONE know if their service/policy is pants?

quote]

My other half has his Golf Gti insured with elephant and he has always been happy with the service they provide.

He is just about to cancel his policy halfway through and they are actually refunding half the money, which is a rarity with insurers.

Yeah, I'm with elephant and despite my smashing of cars record they are still very friendly and helpful every time I call them. They even gave me a refund for the remainder of my policy after I wrote my C off!??!? Madness.

It's nearing time for me to insure my baby aswell, taking into account what I have;

23yr old

1yr NCB

Conviction (just this Jan aswell), SP30, 5 points and £125 fine

Cheapest by Bell Direct at £900 (declaring air filter, lowered and non-standard alloys, its all that isn't standard).

I've tried Brentacre, Adrian Flux and HIC, and they just gave me silly prices. Will try Chris Knott too...

I was with elephant and they where excellent, by far the cheapest. The service was top notch. Someone hit my Rado when it was parked on the side of the road, they handeled the claim without any disruption! I would definatly recommend them!

Yeah, I'm with elephant and despite my smashing of cars record they are still very friendly and helpful every time I call them. They even gave me a refund for the remainder of my policy after I wrote my C off!??!? Madness.

Yeah, they're one of the few insurers who charge pro-rata (by the day)

..so if you cancel your policy after x-months, you dont get back some crummy amount, as you would with other insurers.

ive just been ringing around mad how policies can differ:]

27years old 6yr protected NC exhaust and lowered

brentacre 250 xs 400 fully comp

adrian flux 350 xs 400 fc (current policy)

bell direct 250 xs 410 fc

elephant 250 xs 376 fc

but will lower to 332 fully comp if i take the G/F golf over to them when her renewal is up in october 8)

direct line 400 xs 837 fc !!!! :shock: :rofl: even the woman on the phone was laughing!!!

elephant for me by the look of it!

ben

Strange thing I found with insurance when I swapped from a mk2 GTI to the VR....

As I was in the last 3 weeks or so of the existing policy, they would cover me to drive the VR without any additional premium!

i

direct line 400 xs 837 fc !!!! :shock: :rofl: even the woman on the phone was laughing!!!

I think sometimes they just give laughable quotes because they'd rather just not give you insurance but give you a price if you're really insistant you want to be with them for some reason.

I can't think of any other reason as to why they give such ludicrous quotes because you're blatantly going to just put the phone and go else where when a quote is 2x or 3x more than the competition!

I've been with elephant for about 3 years and as happy as you can be with insurance. They do refund the difference when you get a lower grouped car, unlike Adrian Flux etc. I tried going from a mk2 16v to a polo 1.0L (very hard up and needed to look at options) with them and they would refund a stupidly small amount. Then went on to tell me how I need to build my NCB, which I will loose if I leave, so take it or leave it. :mad:

Went from a mk2 8v to a VR6 with Elephant and they charged me an extra £50 for over 6 months remaining. Still can't beat their price, always trying.

Ive just got it with Brentacre for £600 FC, £350 xs, with the missus on, 6 yrs no claims, garaged, just outside blackpool, 210 BHP limit and as many other mods as I like, like for like. If you get a cheaper one than them, ask to speak to John, tell him you got his details from here and if he can beat your other quote, he;s very good and honest too.

Also, I have always found that having a woman (girlfriend or mother) on my policy, lowers it. You dont have to let her drive it ;)

HIC are really good on raddos. My 1.8 16v is £415 tpft other car cover legal and 30 dyas euro cover. Everwhere else was well over £500 with other car cover. I am only 22 with 3 years no claims and driving experience. Would highly reccomend calling them.

Just rang HIC, Fully Comp £511 with excess of £250

Had a claim in 2003, 3 years NCD, I am 36 and it will be kept not in a garage.

I have limited mileage of 5,000 miles a year as I will be using my legs or other means of getting around otherwise, cheaper petrol costs too :0)