Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

Sick of his Bull

My mate beat me in a race last week quite easy. He has a 16v golf. Hes just had the belt done and all the timing and mixture sorted and it is quicker than mine. How can i beat him? Thinking of putting 50mm inlet on before getting mine setup? Any other ideas cos hes doing my head in now.

How does your MK2 16V compare to his then, or don't you have that any more? The 16V Corrado is about 80 to 100Kg heavier than the MK2, so that's the main reason he's quicker. He's also got lower gear ratios than your C has too.

Aye, Should be able to do him top speed wise!, struggled to get past 130mphIndicated) in my MK2 Valver, My C pulls past 135 and nearly onto 140!!!!

TBH 50mm inlet will give you about 3 extra horses! Flow the head, it makes soooooo much difference, My old Green MK2 was gas flowed and I used to terrorise phatvr6's old Orange MK2 VR, couldn,t pull away from me.....then i crashed it and killed it :( D'oH!

How much would it cost to get flowed then. Might have to be a bit sly and take out sub, spare wheel, and the parcel shelf which seems to weigh a load too cos its been covered in what feels like lead :(

You'll never beat me and my aweSome AK craigbeal you little rat, I know your sneeky little game! You should just bow down to defeat graciously :D :wink:

AKmountains.jpg