Sign in to follow this  
task

which car would you get?

Which one of these is more likely for you guys to get ?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is more likely for you guys to get ?

which one of these is more likely for you guys to get.

1-VW R32.

2-Seat leon cupra.

3-alfa romeo 147 GTA.

4-Honda civic type R.

5.NoNe.

Defo not the Alfa, cheap Italian crap IMO.

Would have to go for the Civic, but the Seat IS tempting, just a pity they don't do a 3-door option.

if i was spending my own money, the R32. If i was spending someone elses money Alfa, its just more desirable to me.

I'd take the Alfa but take the view that I'm buying one of the best engines in the world and getting the rest of the car for free

Torn between Alfa and Cupra.... in the end voted for the alfa.....

Not sure why... oh it'd be the 6 cylinder 3litre NA instead of a 4 pot turbo

Test drove a civic before I bought the C, really didn't like having to rag the pants off it all the time vvti :roll: bollocks to work. Leon for me

it seems the alfa romeo is not very popular, and I wonder why it has got a great engine /looks and performance 250 BHP stock if I am not wrong?.

it seems the alfa romeo is not very popular, and I wonder why it has got a great engine /looks and performance 250 BHP stock if I am not wrong?.

Because it can't put the power down effectively without paying Autodelta shed loads of cash to sort the inadequate chassis out.

I think its gonna be a Golf TDI next for me. I'm starting to find the G60's thirst for fuel rather tiring... but given the choice of those motors, it'd have to the Golf R32 :)

R32 for me. Then a trip to AMD for their bi-turbo and re-chip fettling and lots of power (I hope). I have never driven any of the above cars.

I'd go for the R32 myself. No point going for the Civic, get a well looked after second hand VR6, give it some better breathing and it'll be faster than the CTR too, and you can go blow the rest on high class hookers, class A drugs and cool gadgets that don't actually serve a purpose. Sorted.

No matter what engine the Leon R has got it wont be as desirable as a R32 in the future, look at the cordoba thingy vs mk3 golf

Deffo R32, I had one in pearl blue with black leather - looks fantastic and goes like stink. Would change exhaust though for Miltek as it's too boomy as standard. I found it very thirsty too, more so than the Corrado and sold it cos I do too many miles. I think it will be a real collectors piece in a few years and so long term residual stronger than the other cars (esp the Leon and Civic). I tried the new GTi last weekend and even that doesn't excite like the R32. I like the Alfa's but reliability would concern me. I drove the honda as well - too buzzy and a bit 'jap crap' for my liking. Seat is great, bags of power but just doesn't quite cut the mustard imo.

Because it can't put the power down effectively without paying Autodelta shed loads of cash to sort the inadequate chassis out.

So you say it is not build for fast driving, I dont want to believe that but this is not the first time I hear this.I hear it has an awful bodyroll ,and something about it's VDC - Vehicle Dynamic Control which interupts driving the car as you wish, but isn't it similar system that porsche has in it's cars and it is supposed to make the car perfect on hard cornering. I think the best way to settle this is have topgear compare the cars :) .

but isn't it similar system that porsche has in it's cars and it is supposed to make the car perfect on hard cornering.

Yeah but the 911 chassis is in a different universe to the Alfas!

I think the best way to settle this is have topgear compare the cars :) .

They already have....they put the R32, 147 GTA, Type R and Focus RS together in a grudge match and the 147 just understeered it's way round the track....it was terrible. I think it was the slowest to get round IIRC! But in a straight line it was devastatingly fast...completely blew the other 3 away!