Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

Chris Corrados new car

As u all know I was getting a nice (x) plate motor sport lotus Elise... apparently only 65 in the world! "Lotus exige"

Well when I was going to buy it err my insurance where like F**** off...

Then I pleaded with them and in the end they wanted £8,600 a year fully comp for a 19yo driving a group 20 car... *crys* and this was with an excess of £800…

So all hopes and dreams are thorough out of the window because this is a criminal price to pay for a FECKING 1.8!!!!!!

So now after a lot of head scratching I decided to buy a brand new 05’ plate SEAT IBIZA CUPRA R 180bhp or the Formula Racing 150bhp

Both *1.8 20v turbo*

So my question now is does anyone know any friendly SEAT dealers who will do me a proper deal on one….

Cheers

Chris

from this

00023812.jpg

to this

04.jpg

02.jpg

or this

e2f963436131a6e9i3.jpg

d21332f16131a6e9i3.jpg

52a445c92131a6e9i3.jpg

i will get yellow tho LOL

Cupra all the way, (although not red IMO).

Save yersel the hassle with the Lotus & the (Rover) K-Series head gasket trouble.

I had 3 headgasket failures in 3 years.

Thankfully manufacturers warranty was worth its wait in gold!

K-Series engine is made of butter me thinks. Melts in the heat!

Did you not think to talk to your insurance company BEFORE embarking on this little escapade! I did wonder how you were going to pay for a Motorsport Elise, but I guess you kinda answer my questions ;)

cheers ... i was only thinking abt the FR coz it has the same engine as the cupra R ... and the diff in BHP is only a chip!

since im a student i recon if i chip the FR it will b just as fast as the cupra.. but without the stopping power. hummm now to find another 4k... i think i might as well get the cupra coz it looks better

Now matter what they say its a volume car. Trade 5-6 off against each other then take it to your local dealer. Try phone Barlows of Wolverhampton.

LOL....you bafoon...did it not occur to you that an Exige would be almost uninsurable for a guy of your age? :D

Well I'm not liking the Ibiza at all....just looks wrong....body too tall, wheels too small.

Your money would be better spent on a used Leon Cupra R....or I know of a dealer that's imported a load and knocking them out at £12K each :D

But the Leon is 5 door though, prob not what you want.

I just wouldn't buy a new car period, you lose too much money....but that's just me.

I'm gonna add my twopenn'orth here too and say buy a Leon Cupra R 2nd hand, they look sooooooo much better than those Ibizas...

Plus it's not named after an island full of English tw@ts every summer... :lol:

agree with the Leon suggestions (I want to get the euro 4wd version :D ) why did u want to sell your corrado? Now that you can't have the exige just get another one, but this time get a G60 or VR6 :-P

I agree A Leon Cupra R all the way Chris.... They look so much better... then its down to jabba for a stage 3 for you my man... now we're talking... that will be nearly as quick as the lotus.... if not quicker in some places..

Cupra all the way, (although not red IMO).

Save yersel the hassle with the Lotus & the (Rover) K-Series head gasket trouble.

I had 3 headgasket failures in 3 years.

Thankfully manufacturers warranty was worth its wait in gold!

K-Series engine is made of butter me thinks. Melts in the heat!

The new lotus's dont have the crappy k series engine fitted to them anymore, they have a celica vvti engine in them which is 100 times better than the k series, the only problem is you have to drive them hard to get into the power band as it comes in at 6200rpm. I ve driven both the celica T sport 190 and the corolla T sport and even though they are alot heavier than the lotus they go like stink when your hoofing it, third gear doing 80 ish is where the fun begins the vvti comes into play and it kicks in like a turbo :D

Well I'm not liking the Ibiza at all....just looks wrong....body too tall, wheels too small.

Your money would be better spent on a used Leon Cupra R....or I know of a dealer that's imported a load and knocking them out at £12K each

But the Leon is 5 door though, prob not what you want.

Agreeing with kev on that one I really dislike the ibiza for the reasons stated above, the leon is a better choice it's just a shame they didn't produce the cupra r in 3 door.

OT here sorry. quikstu, is that the late great Cliff Burton in your avatar now? Sweet

'tis indeed the late great bass master! :notworthy:

Like others have said, go for the Cupra R Chris.

The Leon Cupra R is in insurance group 17. My bet is that it would be pretty damn high to insure also. Awesome car though.

the corrado as group 17 so there cant be much diffrence....?

im haggling wiv 3 dealers now ... LOL £50 less everyday !!! I LUV IT ..

Your money would be better spent on a used Leon Cupra R....or I know of a dealer that's imported a load and knocking them out at £12K each :D

do you have there number kev???

this would be fantastic... coz im spending 12k on a FR but i want a 225bhp mean machine!!!!

Fook me if a student , has the pick of three , brand new car's. . . . i'm going back to school !!!

Spend it on your education lad !!!! ;)

actually, why not get the earlier model Ibiza, much better looking IMO, pick up a 52 plate run out model for about £8.5K, take it to jabba for IHI for about £3.5K and your talking 280Bhp+ the spend the rst on some suspension and Brembo brakes, Oh and Alloys!

Steve

Fook me if a student , has the pick of three , brand new car's. . . . i'm going back to school !!!

Spend it on your education lad !!!! ;)

Student loans, pot noodles and no tax, they have a life of it. Wish i could go back to school!!!!

Best days of our lives and we dont even realise it :lol: