Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Car at Stealth today (and now advice please)...

Yes unfortunately Stealth are at the mercy of their suppliers and believe me, Vince is not best pleased when he has to turn customers away because of them. Even so, taking a day off especially is not good, especially when you get paid by the hour/day - which I for one have to factor into the cost of getting work done :?

Stick with the March booking unless there's anywhere local you trust.

Autotechnic in Southampton can get H&R's, I hope its not them being unhelpful as they arent usually.

I think motorsportwheels is the only UK importer, the place you mention probably just get them thru them...

It wouldn't be a Corrado without a stinging bill. Anyway a trip to stealth is wasted without spending a load of hard-earned.

Come to love the pain ;)

Back, complete with a stinging bill.

F'ing Corrado's... :(

Four figures? It's not "stinging" unless it reaches the four-figure range...

I've been stung real bad by mine!!!

Anyways, how is it to drive Jim? If gear selection is better and it's more of a joy to drive then it must be worth the hard earned!?!

I guess everyone has an opinion on what 'stinging' would mean. But if you are expecting a certain amount, and if the work is only really housekeeping type stuff, it just sucks.

Just totalled up that I have spent £2,077 on my Corrado in repairs and stuff (not insurance or fuel) in the past 12 months. Time to move on again I think.

Phil - gear selection is mega improved and much more fluid (though still B&M notchy, but i'm used to that) and as the car has been retimed and the engine is now nolonger rocking around in the bay it seems a lot smoother to drive and much quieter at idle for some reason.. all new belts and tensioner helped there with idle noise I guess!

It's when you get a bill like that for a single visit that you ought to have your head examined.. Um.. (Well half of it WAS for the Schrick manifold ... ;) )

I still keep seriously thinking about buying a nearly new diesel.. Fabia vRS or something. I reckon it would save me a fortune and i'd still be quite happy with one of those. Or Octavia vRS.. drool.

But what is it about the Corrado that makes the owner so resolute that he can't sell it no matter how much it drains him! Evil temptress...

But what is it about the Corrado that makes the owner so resolute that he can't sell it no matter how much it drains him! Evil temptress...

It's the amount we know we've just spent on it and the fact we know we won't get it back :lol:

Work was.. off the top of my head..

* New insert for VT front mount (old one knackered)

* New cam and aux belts, new tensioner

* Oil and filter

* Sparkplugs

* Gearbox oil refresh

* Realign gearshift

Came to £470. I don't think Stealth would mind talking about prices, etc but if anyone knows otherwise PM me and i'll remove the price!

And now for some reason i'm getting that overrevving problem back and had the most appalling mechanical / metallic whining noise from the pulleys this morning - all fresh belts as well and none of that noise yesterday when I picked it up.

WTF is it with the Corrado that it just develops problems overnight for no apparent reason?? :(

What you're forgetting Jim, is that corrado's are like highly strung high maintenance girlfriends, they're only happy when you lavish attention and cash on them. You made the fatal mistake of drooling over the Octavia vRS and your cars now in a huff.

It's all worth it when you receive compliments though :wink:

It's easy to feel down about the problems and expense but try to remember what it was that attracted you to the car in the first place....it's still there :wink:

If there really is nothing but animosity towards the car then it's defo time to move on!

Its not quite at that stage yet, but i've come to the conclusion I own my cars for about a year before I think its time to move on. Done the same with all of my cars now.

I just can't shake the 'for the amount I am paying on my car loan, I could basically be driving an Octavia vRS for LESS per month' - my car is probably self destructing out in the car park as I write this! :)

Only 42 posts till you his 10,000 Kev... Andi needs to do something special for you mate! ;)

Personally I'd wait until the loan expires and then decide from there mate.....Octavia RSs will be even cheaper by then :wink: But if the Corrado is proving too costly to own, then you may be forced into selling it....which would be a big shame.

I've got about 10 months left of my loan and then it's either going or being kept as a second car. Prob the former given what I've invested in it!

10,000 posts....sheesh...not quite sure how that happened!

I'm vaguely worried actually.. this metallicy kinda noise that just started this morning seems to be coming from the pulley side of the charger. Just been home to get wallet / phone and stuff that I forgot this morning, and even after 20 minutes of driving, the noise hasn't gone away like it normally would if it was just a squeaky belt.. I might need to speak to Tempest nicely to come and have a look at it and cast an opinion.

I could squirt some belt lubricant stuff onto the belt but not sure if its just a squeaky pulley or something more serious.

Could really do without this about now..

Give Vince a call and see what he says. He might even fix it for free if it's something simple.

Oh and Kev. I think we need to get you a social life or something... 10,000 posts jeebus. :lol: