Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

crash, bang, wallop....S3 in for repairs!!

at 1pm today i was out in the lovely sun going to get some lunch when a lorry decided to not pay any attention to the give way sign and pulled right onto the FAST LANE of the dual carridge way on which i was traveling... slammed on brakes but hit his offside rear and did this

th_DSCF1754Large.jpg th_DSCF1755Large.jpg th_DSCF1756Large.jpg th_DSCF1759Large.jpg

th_DSCF1762Large.jpg th_DSCF1764Large.jpg

its already in the bodyshop and i have a 1.6 astra (new shape) to keep me going.

should be done in a week or so.

You should hunt the lorry driver down!!!

Well after he's paid for your S3 to be fixed.

Sorry to see that.

oof ya fecker! that could have been much worse! glad you're ok and its getting sorted, bet you had a few choice words for the driver...

its all sorted through insurance.. he and about 3 other cars stopped... they all gave me their numbers and said they saw what happened.. he admitted liability nyway though so its all done.

well done to direct line thought...

crashed at 1pm... car in bodyshop and parts ordered and loan car on its way to me and all by 3:30pm... thumbs up for once!!

Bugger me, that could have been seriously nasty!

Glad you're alright and getting it fixed tho. You better hunt the lorry driver down tho...

that could have been a lot worse !!! that is very rapid for a ins comp. nice one ... glad it's sorted and no bruises

Time for a Brembo upgrade :D

Seriously though, that sucks. I'm starting to think it's the forum that's jinxed as it's not just Corrados that are getting bashed! Either that or we're bad drivers, well, that's certainly something to consider where Dinkus is concerned :D

yeah could have been much worse..

in this pic.. see the silver car..i was about 100meters back from where that is when the lorry showed up at the exit..and he came straight out..didnt stop atall.. didnt see me obviously.. i slammed on brakes and tried to go down his offside... probably ended up hitting him doing about 30-40mph

th_Image083.jpg

Completely inexcusable though!!! this was where the lorry driver came out from...the size of those give way signs!!! he hasnt got a leg to stand on

th_Image086.jpg

quite right jedi, you always think of the perfect evasive maneuver after the event, much like stuttering at a pretty girl then coming up with 'the' line half an hour after shes walked away.

Yeah, I have no desire at all to find out how quickly my GTI goes :lol:

I had no problems with hurling a go-kart round at 70mph at the weekend tho. There's something deeply satisfying about overtaking someone sideways :D

Could the insurance's response just be so quick as the S3 is still a fairly new car, worth quite a bit of money still, easy to get parts for etc.?

Still, it's bad news if such an accident happens, especially through someone else's fault :-(

Tempest

Ouch. Those pics made me wince. Still, it could have been a lot worse, you're all right, and the car's being fixed. Shame about the Astra though :-)

Nasty.. seriously nasty.

Hope they do a good job sorting it out. Love the title of the thread by the way...

"Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a video!" :)

Nasty.. seriously nasty.

Hope they do a good job sorting it out. Love the title of the thread by the way...

"Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a video!" :)

Alan Partridge's in the house!