Sign in to follow this  
cusstardo

16 or 17 inch rims??????!!!!!!!!!

Ok fellas, its taken me a year, but ive almost managed to decide which weels I want for my VR. Now I need your help!!!!!!!!!

First choice, 16 inch bbs split rims, the old multispoke (lattice) ones.

Second choice, 17 inch porsche cup rims, similar to the ones found on a boxster. Cheaper copys are made by milla milagia(? spelling).

I know the 16's would be more sensible as far as wheel bearings and speedo accuracy is concerned, but ive always liked the porsche wheels ever since I owned a beetle, and the 17's look so cool!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I've found there's barely any difference in ride quality between 16" and 17", so go with 17s, they look better and fill the arches out more 8)

id go for 16s but i like the tweaked oem look hence the rx's i found a huge difference in ride in comparison to the 17's but i did renew the suspension at the same time as the wheels so that probably had more to do with it

I've just dropped from 17" Masitaly wheels to 16" Borbet Cs... I can tell that the ride quality is better on the 16s than it was on the 17s which weigh about the same amount.... The cornering also seems better, but that could be due to the extra width of the 16s... :|

If it's the Mille miglia cup 3's then that you're looking at then let us know if you find somewhere that stocks them. I wrecked a wheel 4 months ago and am really struggling to replace it, they aren't casting anymore at the moment and they couldn't give me a date when there would be anymore. They've already discontinued one on the cup types so I'm getting worried :(

I have just bought a set of Mille Miglia Cup 3's (see my thread Blue Joes G60 in Members gallery) However I got the porsche fitment 5x130 in 7.5x17 offset of 52mm then have 25mm hub adapters taking it to an offset of 27mm which fill the arches perfectly!

However the bad news!

I ordered a set through Tyresave in Liverpool (GREAT price of £500 delivered inc VAT) but was told they didn't know when Millie would be casting any more. I rang the UK Sales Manager of Millie Miglia and hassled him into contacting Italy where they are made. To which he hassled them into getting them put on the forge the following week. They only made a limited run to fulfill some of the back orders but because of my bare faced cheek he put me to the top of the back order list so I got my set.

He did comment however they won't be making anymore for a long time as when one of my wheels went on a walkabout for a couple of days with the courier that I had no chance of getting another for the foreseeable future. (luckily mine turned up!)

Your only other chance where you might get some is http://www.design911.co.uk as they do them aswell and last time I spoke to them they had some in stock. However they will only have porsche fitment 5x130 and you will have to buy them at the idividual wheel rate to get the correct offset!!

H&R Alloy Hub adapters are about £250

I payed £700 for my 18" rims with tyres, speedos a tad out now 100 mph on the speedo feels more like warp factor 9 and the dont rub too much either. backs are spot on front touches on lock considering mines dropped 2" thats pretty good goin :D

With 16's you can afford to have more tyre wall height making the ride more compliant. I had 17's when I bought my G60 and couldn't bear the harsh ride and tramlining. Riding comfortably on 15's now! :)

went from 15's to 17's recently, I've not noticed much tramlining really, although the ride does seem a bit harsher, but nothing too bad.

I just looked at your pics when the car was on the Speedlines and I think it's about as perfect as a Corrado can get!

Got 18's on my G60 & its well lowered on my koni coilovers. Think they fit better than my 17's did must be the offset I think.

Sandy

Got any bigger pics of ya car

Be nice to see what my old wheels look like on yours

chris