Sign in to follow this  
Riley

where do you have the steering wheel?

may have been asked before but im just curious.

it took me a while to find the best driving position in the c,theres so many adjustments on the seats and wot not!

now its right though,its right 8) .

i have the wheel 1 up from the bottom,no one uses the top bus stylee position do they? :lol:

neil.

i was gonna start a thread about the adjustable steering column.... coz i dont have one!?!

dont know why? was it an optional extra?

so to answer question, i have mine on the middle and only setting!!

I have a 1990 valver on a H-plate, no sunroof, manual windows (ohh the effort!), but I do have an adjustable steering column...VW must have started with them on H's I reckon.

Anyway, my position is 1up from the bottom.

mine is 2nd from top notch... of course it all depends what height you are and what suits you! I think early models didn't have H/A S/C's and it ws introduced onm the late C's although I know people with early late models (but late enough to have the late dash) with out H/A - it's all a fairly random affair with these cars 8)

Edit: Obviously some early models did have H/A steering so that makes everything even more randon - bless the C for all it's quirkyness :lol:

but I do have an adjustable steering column...VW must have started with them on H's I reckon.

Anyway, my position is 1up from the bottom.

I have what must be an early G reg and it has an adjustable steering column...and even the rest of the "mod cons"... :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

My 1990 G-plate 1.8 16v has an adjustable steering column and all the other electric bits and bobs too - I assumed it was all standard when I bought the car.

i got a 1995 m reg 8v with all electrics but no H/A :afro: :scratch:

Seems to be completely random so :lol: :lol: :?

wow,i presumed all c's had the adjustable column :?

my dad has a g plate valver,non sunroof,all electrics,and adjustable column.

neil.

to all those without an adjustable column... Be thankfull... If the extra joints in the column, or the adjustable mechanism itself goes wrong, it's over £450 from VAG! :| :crazyeyes:

If anything goes wrong/loose with the non-adjustable one, you probably need to tighten the bolts up which hold the column on! :lol:

always one up from bottom, but i think mine is on its way out :( does anyone know if you can replace the adjustable one with non h/a and how much that would cost...??

Depending on what your problem is, there's a guide on how to fix the column using a 5p coin and a hammer HERE

well i do have that problem, but the pin just comes back out after a while (ive hit it back in 5 times since i got the car less than a year ago) the pin is now held "securely" with all sorts of fixing materials(and super glue) :oops: . (seems to have solved it for the last couple of months anyway) but the column still has play in it up/down, feels like a bushing has gone somewhere. i really dont know what it is but when i heard how much a new column was i used anything and everything i had to hold it in place!

wheel 1 up from bottom, seat all the way forward and tilted all the way back, i`m 5`10 and 15 stone

slightly OT: i`ve got a snap-off and its alwys fun removing it and asking the passenger to "hold this for a minute, will you??"

(obviously going in a straight line and going pretty slowly)

One click down from the top. I find that my hands hit my knees when i turn the wheel on any of the lower positions. It would be great to have reach adjustment then i can get a perfect position.

Still the driving position is a trillion times better than the 206 GTI I test drove for my bird earlier this year. I felt like i was driving a transit.

1990 G: I have non adjustable, but i do have full electrics. I have factory fitted leather interior, so didnt know if that made a difference? It has the 3 spoke steering wheel also.

My mate also has 1990 G, but has adjustable column and manual windows (think sunroof also?) with cloth interior.

Very strange...