Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

oops! left lights on..

Damn these dark mornings!

Left the house this morning, was still dark. Got to work and it was light, so didn't notice i hadn't turned off my lights!

Got back to the car this eve and it wouldnt turn over. Quick call to the AA and i was shortly back on the road. they turned up in 20 mins, so not too bad.

Does anyone know if you can fit a buzzer to remind you they're on?!

There used to be a wiring guide on the CCGB eGroup to hook up a generic maplins buzzer to your lights by ex-CCGB member Trevor Rice.. but have just had a poke around and can't seem to find it.

Can anyone sort this man out with a copy of that wiring diagram?

Ah.. its on the website ;) Install Acrobat reader, and then click on the following link:

http://www.corradoclub.org/Tech%20files ... buzzer.pdf

This caught me out so often on my last Corrado, but for some reason i've not done it yet in this Corrado..

Ive done this mod, works OK but the Maplin's buzzer isnt half crude and deafening......I like the 'bong-bong' warning sound that you get on more modern cars......anyone know where I can get one.....?

??are they separate units on the modern cars (thinking scrappy here) or are they incorporated into the light units??

I've also got a terrible habit of leaving an indicator down when I park up, which leaves the corrosponding side-light on. What's the reasoning behind that little 'design' quirk?

I've also got a terrible habit of leaving an indicator down when I park up, which leaves the corrosponding side-light on. What's the reasoning behind that little 'design' quirk?

I think it's so that you can leave your car visible in the pitch black countryside when parked on a verge, to avoid getting rear ended. That's what I always used it for :-)

TomB - I dont think we want to know what you have been up to in the countryside in darkness! lol

Reasurring to know he wanted to avoid getting rear ended though arf arf!

:lol: It's rather strange. Why did they scrimp on a lights on buzzer and a low fuel light. Both are hardly high-tech or expensive items :roll: