Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Corrado Prices

Yes i know this has been covered many times in the past but ti thought it was time to open this up again,

i have been a member on this forum for some time now and i can safely say the prices of the Corrado have gone UP in that time!

Its not just the forum either, lso on auto trader i have seen a sizeable increase in prices for good quality C's!!

Any thoughts guys? do you think prices will keep going up or.........................? IMHO its a sellers market!

it seems that way i sold my 92 g60 3 years ago for £2600, it had leather recaros (electric) and was in very nice condition. Now 3 years later i brought a g60 for £200 more with no recaros although it does have std leather, some of the vr6 prices are skyhigh but are these cars actually selling?

I agree with VR6storm - on quite a few adverts for the VR6 Corrado i've seen the advert say something like "Future classic as mentioned by Top Gear" or words to that affect. The VR6's are appreciating or holding their value - sadly for ppl owning the 16V'er like me - they seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper.

sadly for ppl owning the 16V'er like me - they seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper.

which doesnt help when you've put more cash into it than it appears to now to be worth! :(

looking through ebay auctions, sales on here and adverts on autotrader valvers seem to be worth SFA! I'm asking 2k for mine, which personally i think is really cheap for what the car is! look at the other stuff you can get for 2k! I'm starting to doubt I'll get that for it though, and I hate the thought of having to drop the price to little over a grand which is what other valvers seem to be going for.

If I was looking for a Rado chris, i'd gladly pay £2000 for your motor.. thats the crazy thing. You should seriously consider getting those borbets off those if you end up having to hack the price down and buy some cheapo standard Sebrings to put on.. might net you more money!

chrishill, I've still got my Westwood alloys off my valver if you decide to take Jim's advise.

i'm wishing i kept the old sebrings now so I could sell the borbets seperatly, I sold them a while back and got stung by a rubber cheque :mad: but you live and learn. Its a funny market place for corrado's, theres not many of them about making them rare and desirable, but conversly they're not 'that' well known so theres not many non-vw enthusiasts looking for one. ho hum! I'm just getting itchy feet for the vr thats waiting for me, the cars only been up for sale for a week, i've had one call from a guy in wales offering £1600 which I turned down... still plenty of time.

It seems that original unmodified C's go for more, especially with vr6's. I'll take special care to keep all my original parts if I ever modify.

It seems that original unmodified C's go for more, especially with vr6's. I'll take special care to keep all my original parts if I ever modify.

Yep, seems that way, hence I have bought a low miler catalyst to put back on the car along with OE suspension that I am buying. Also just bought some spare Speedies that I can refurbish... making it easier to sell when one day in the distant future I can finally afford the storm I always wanted.

Yep Chris I agree with you - i picked up my car in a bit of a state for £900 - and thought that tidying up the body work etc would mean i'd maybe even be able to sell for a profit further down the line - but then comes gear linkages - door handles - windscreens - and all the other weird and wonderful tweaks that need doing - and then you've ended up spending more on the car than you'll ever get back..... which is why i plan to keep my valver for a while and just enjoy the drive and with the millage at 101K i hope to get another few years out of this engine yet 8)

The sad truth is that often you'll get more for stripping and breaking the car up and selling the parts than selling it whole and keeping the Corrados alive.

I'm going to be selling my 78k FVWSH VR6 in the next few weeks. If anyone's interested in taking it off me earlier please let me know.

First to give me 5k has the car! NO OFFERS below.

Just bought a new windscreen and lupo wipers for it as well.

It does seem that the valvers are not that popular. I admit i was in the same position when i was looking for a C. From a Golf background i wanted a G60 for the power potential and wanting a significant upgrade from a succession of 8v Golfs. In reality there are still people out there who will sell you a good C for cheapo money. My new grey C, not in perfect condition, but good nethertheless, cost 2k, that included Stage 4 charger, milltek exhaust, decat, Koni adjustables and for me the biggest winner, leather interior.

Nothing wrong with 16v's, just the heavier body shell of the C compared with the Golf needs more power. even now my 200 bhp spec C does not have the throttle response of my 1.9 8v.

Your Corrado is looking great there Rusty - i gotta agree with you - i drove a 1.8 Golf 8V the other day - and off the mark its quick - but id take the Corrado anyday due to its great handling and just the soid feel of the whole thing - its much more fun to drive than the Golf's ive had in the past 8)

I don't see how anybody can view a privately owned car as an investment. Quite true, in extreme cases it is possible to make some money but generally that's not the case.

I spend plenty of cash & time on mine but I'm reallistic about it - I know I will never get any of the cash that I spend back........

yet a standard 16v is quicker than a standard G60 and engine parts are cheaper prefer 16v myself but there again i am biased lol

yet a standard 16v is quicker than a standard G60
You sure......... :lol:

I've driven several of both & beg to differ...

Was about to say.. i've owned a standard 16v and have been in Tempests basically standard US spec G60, and the figures don't lie - G60's definately pokier!