Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Mystery dashboard grill...

radar detectors are completely illegal to use and buy over here. have to go down to the states to get one.

Mate, I do know someone that can get a good deal on tiny cameras to install in the car and linking it to the screen is a good idea.

The rear of the C is a bitch to see what you are doing, I always just adjust my mirrors when parking or look to see if the car reflects on a shop window.

The alpine system you can add sat Nav to it, for a price mind you but there are extras. Kenwood do a touch screen which is supposed to be quite trick so I may check the prices against them both.

If the headunit was mounted as normal the top of the screen should be that much higher than vents? :lol:

Now, all of our gatso - speed cameras have to be painted bright yellow or refective yellow sop you can see them.

Sadly, incorrect.

Did you know it's now legal for the local councils to hide GATSO cameras ? They don't have to be yellow any more, and can be hidden out of sight due to a high court ruling!

My friend has a Civic with a 7" Pioneer DVD Player/Screen. They're supposed to be wired up to the e-brake, so that when you pull it, it will turn off....but you can also wire them up to a switch...which Circuit City(a popular US electronics store) did for him :D So now, whenever he sees a cop, he puts the switch to off and the screen displays "This function cannot be used while driving." :lol:

http://www.santa.demon.co.uk/Corrado/Ad.txt

FOUND THIS INFO ON THE mistery grille - could be something to do with this?

VW ad printed in 1990

(Produced 1989)

In the event the peace and quiet gets to you, there's always the premium Heidelberg sound system with six

speakers. In fact, Corrado has everything from a trip computer, air conditioning, height-adjustable

steering column, cruise control, power windows, door locks and mirrors, to 15" alloy wheels and fog lamps.

All standard.

yeah i've heard that the external ones are worth more than the internal ones LMAO

Eh?

(This is a joke by the way. I do not condone the use of led's for huge power gains.)

However, it was recently proven that Corrado-Forum.net stickers give a minimum 50bhp increase when stuck in the car.

Ok, maybe not.

that answer the question andi!!

that answer the question andi!!

Yeah, but you're about 2 weeks late... :lol:

The stickers should have been made from electroluminesent material then you wouldn't need the extra power 'cos you'd want to go slow to show the stickers off ;-)

I bought the Alpine 1005R head unit with retractible 16:9 screen and it always will attract comments! The nav unit just fits under the passenger seat too!

Chris

http://www.santa.demon.co.uk/Corrado/Ad.txt

FOUND THIS INFO ON THE mistery grille - could be something to do with this?

VW ad printed in 1990

(Produced 1989)

In the event the peace and quiet gets to you, there's always the premium Heidelberg sound system with six

speakers.

Six speakers = two in the back, two in the doors and two in the dash.

A speaker in the middle dash panel would be seven speakers !!!

see pic

go on then.... part no. 33 is......

a speaker???

There are also pictures on ETKA of Corrados with driver & passenger airbags...

OK, so we've come full circle from the question I originally asked and the answer is....

No one knows for sure what it's for, but it's not a speaker hole! :? :lol:

Thanks to all that have tried anyway... 8)

I have just called VW to put this to bed.

It is simply a trim part that doesnt have anything in it! So basically for show.

The parts chap said to me that I could hide my drugs in there! :shock:

The parts chap said to me that I could hide my drugs in there!

He probably assumes all Corrado owners are Drug Dealers, since that's the sort of income required to keep one maintained with genuine VW parts :D

Pretty sure it's another speaker for quality stereo imaging ! :wink: Center Staging.

Hate to blow the center speaker theory but.....

if you remove it you'll find nothing more than the screw(s) that hold the screen vents in!!

Quoting myself here but the answer has been here since page one

Mike16v, Yeah rite, I have spent so much money on my C! I havent really started to hit the mods in a gig way either. I just want everuything working sweetly then start going to town!

I know have an idea where my weed should live now!! Joke :shock:

He probably assumes all Corrado owners are Drug Dealers, since that's the sort of income required to keep one maintained with genuine VW parts

too true :(

Thera

I've got a Pioneer screen fitted in mine and it doesnt obstruct the field of vision the top the screen (when out) aint much higher than the vents

I've got a speaker in mine. :)

Fitted it myself though, its the small center fill from an Audi TT.

DAZ