Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Volvo V70 R AWD

boxy!!! What a scandal-less thing to say Joe!

Much prefer the old V70 shape than the new.

T.

Does look like a nice car, that was just some random volvo quote from some old film i cant remember the name of.

bored and this dont go in the same sentence! EVER!!!

Its not mine anyway, my dad just bought it for some additional fun to go along with our growing fleet of fast cars.

We now own 5 cars between two people. Not bad going I say. More to come in the future.

T.

Nice! My mate used to have a T5 and that was pretty damn quick even if it was as areodynamic as a brick :lol:

We used to have a V70 T5 too. It got sold when the parents split which was a little sad. It was a beast of a car and went like a rocket. This type R takes all of its performance and does away with all the bad things that the T5 suffered from:- Unbelievable bad torque steer coupled with no traction!

If this gets chipped, (which will happen if I have anything to do with it!) it will kick out 310bhp!!

T.

It took ages to find this one. 99% off them are autos!!! :pukeright:

And not too many are black either, which is a must!!

T.

I played with the idea of a T5 estate not long ago... a mate has an ex-plod one which has been subtly modified and is just mental... :crazyeyes: reasonable handling, speed, acceleration and the ability to lug a sofa around too! :lol: Oh, and it was dirt cheap too being an ex-plod one and it has the added advantage that EVERYONE gets out of your way on the motorway 'cos they assume it's an unmarked police car! :lol: 8)

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the fast V70/850's. Very nearly bought one when I sold my 172.

I've always like those too, and that one looks fab in black. They can be boosted to quite a decent power too (not that 250+ bhp is shabby, but it's a big car!) as the engine is an Audi 5 pot IIRC?

I would say the handling is typical Volvo but that said, the handling does bely a car of that size though. The estate I drove felt like a compact saloon rather than an estate.

As Clarkson once said, "what other car can you carry a wardrobe at 150+ mph in?"

True, but Clarkson said that before the RS6 was even penned....and you can't get a wardrobe in an Rs6 as it's a 'lifestyle' estate, unlike the Vulva which is a 'proper' estate.

I love those!! I very very nearly bought one before I bought my G60, at 21 most of my mates thought I was mad. But 225bhp 5-pot turbo taking you to 150+mph was sooooo tempting! And as mentioned above, a 600quid re-map gets you to 300bhp! People might laugh at your Volvo.......... until you blow them!! Awesome machine 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Are you saying you can get a large item of furniture in your vulva kev ;)

I haven't tried yet for fear of splinters :lol:

what other car can you carry a wardrobe at 150+ mph in?

RS6

Might be able to squeeze a small wardrobe in one of my all time favourite cars - an RS2 8)

Are you saying you can get a large item of furniture in your vulva kev ;)

I haven't tried yet for fear of splinters :lol:

ROFL!! :lol: