Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Need everyone's opinion on my wheels!

Right, you may or may not have seen a pic of my Passat in my Member's Gallery, so there's another one attached to this thread.

Basically, I'm going to be getting my wheels refurbed now that my flat centre caps (embossed with the Borbet name) have arrived from Germany, and what I want you opinion on is:

Should I

A) Stick with the black wheels with polished lips as they are now

B) Revert to original silver with polished lips

C) Colour-coded to match the car with polished lips

D) Another colour, such as graphite grey with, you guessed it, polished lips

E) Stop being such a girl and make my own bl**dy mind up

or

D) All of the above - one on each wheel! :lol:

Bear in mind that I was originally intending to go fairly Euro-look with it (and still really want to), and the black wheels are more Cal-look, and that the nut-type caps are being replaced with flats. Although, I am starting to like the Cal-look thing and have been toying with the idea of carbon-effect vinyl for the bonnet (cos I can't afford a genuine one!)

Your opinions are, as ever, most valued.

Cheers guys! 8)

I vote for A followed by E...

and I'm not convinced about the carbon effect bonnet... either get a carbon bonnet, or don't.. but making it look like its got one when it hasn't in my mind is what the lax flower types do.... and you're not one of those..

But its your car at the end of the day so..

Think the car looks fine as it is mate.. just get the caps matched to the wheels as they are and job done :)

F) Stop tarting around and flogg them to me !! ;)

Edited ...... oh bollox , first refusel after rusty :oops:

colour code them to your car and get the outers polished... u wont be dissapointed. :wink:

Right, slot and Rustynuts, sorry, but I was searching for two months to find a decent set of Borbet A's - didn't even know they did 'em in 17"! - before I found these, so no sell I'm afraid... This does actually rule me out of getting a VR 'rado actually, seeing as how I'm never selling them... :p ;)

So the general concensus is to stick with the black + polished lips then? Ant, if you read this, you seem to be the king of 'chops at the mo, so any chance you could do one with them in silver? Cheers mate... 8)

I'm really flattered with all the comments guys, I really do appreciate that you all like the way Sen looks!

Just read your thread - and you know what I think but I'll say it again ;)

Black with polished lip or like Darren says colour coded WPL (which I really do think would look ace)

I know you originally wanted to go euro look but IMO 17 x 7.5 aren't EL - you'd want 16 x 9 to do that... plus EL has been done sooooooo many times (not that I don't like it) and I think people need to be more innovative - dare to be different 8)

EDIT: corrected cr4p spelling

With Daz on this one... colour coded to the rest of the car with a polished lip...

Oh, and avoid using carbon fibre vinyl, that's the stuff of badly modded Corsas and such and has NO place on a quality motor like yours... 8)

Well, the carbon idea was just because the paint on my bonnet's a bit faded and was thinking it'd be cheaper that getting it resprayed - plus, it keeps the car in with the cal-look... :) If anyone knows how I could get an inexpensive carbon bonnet I'd love to know! Though I suspect the words "carbon-fibre bonnet" and "inexpensive" aren't very compatible...!

I reckon I'll be sticking with the black then, though the colour-coded idea's got me thinking - reckon it'd cost a bit more though! ;)

Quality motor? A Passat?! Never thought I'd hear that said...! ;) :lol:

As seen as Im part of 'every one', I'd say:

I dont think the black, silver & red really work. I'd polish them [colour coded 2nd].

Better still, why not stop wasting your money and buy a Corrado - joking

C) Colour coded centres with polished lip, they would look ace! (Am I allowed to use the word "ace"? Of course I am, I'm trying to relive my childhood!!)

P.S. missed out on those ones off german ebay you PM'd me about, he ended auction early...gutted

Cheers for all the opinions guys, but I think I'll be sticking with the black and red theme as I'm growing to really like it...

Unless someone want to do me a 'chop with them fully polished or colour-coded to give me an idea of how good they might look...?;)