Sign in to follow this  
rayb74

Are the windscreen washer nozzles heated?

Think it was standard on most UK spec cars. Perhaps not the early ones though... ?

Have them on mine and my mate doesn't have them on his German import...

Way to tell is there will be wires running to the jets if you do have this feature and they are activated by turning on your rear window heater along with the mirrors 8)

IIRC UK spec had heated washer jets as standard on all cars. They're about £18 each side to replace if yours are blocked/the wires have fallen off... (guess who's just done his! ;) )

geez, imagine it - w*nker lights on demand with rear heated windscreen. Oy, sounds like a fuse blowing minefield to me.

and they are activated by turning on your rear window heater along with the mirrors 8)

Not quite right - they automatically come on with the ignition and the level of heat put out is regulated by the outside temperature.

£18 a side, you used to be able to buy a NON OEM kit that put a heat exchanger into the top rad pipe to heat the screen jet water. but i guess that dont help if they freeze at the jet.

it was availalble for cars in general

are you sure?? i`ve always heard/been told it was rear demister like mirrors

wouldnt have though they`d have been bothered to make it too complicated??

switch on switch off! :confused:

I'm guessing the correct info will be in the C's handbook... I'd check mine but it's 15 miles away with my C :roll:

the Corrado ones are activated from the rear screen as are the mirrors. i was on about an aftermarket kit. i've edited the post so it reads better

Bet most of them don't work now though, as the wires corrode internally....check them out on a frost day next time we have one and see what happens.

the Corrado ones are activated from the rear screen as are the mirrors. i was on about an aftermarket kit. i've edited the post so it reads better

Nope. Definitely on with the ignition. Check your handbook (page 48 ):wink:

You can just check the jets for continuity - Chances are they will be pooped- Both of mine had gone on my '95 car and I have just replaced them both.

Each nozzle will separate into two parts- just pull the inner out with a pair of long nose pliers. Its not difficult to resolder the connections however there is a small round resistor which acts as a contact surface on one side of the connection- Make sure you keep that in the circuit- otherwise too much current will pass through the nozzle body and you'll frazzle the fuses... :-(

Cheers

nope, they have their own earth, so the earth strap won't make a blind bit of difference to them... ;)

the pins out of scart plugs are handy for repairing the corroded pins (about the only thing scart cables are any good for) :lol: