Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

chrishills silver vr6 - the wheels are on!

ta kev! got some wax for that exact purpose, i'm terrified of ruining them!

just trial-fitted one to the front to see what the clearance was like over the calipers...they catch! only by a few mm though so that'll have to be ground back. doesnt look like they'll be on today! :(

I use Swissol wheel wax on mine as it's been formulated to resist the heat generated from hard braking.....and the dust just washes away with cold water :lol:

You can use 3mm spacers (generic ones from Halfords if you're desperate to get em on) or do as I did and file the carrier brace bar down.

You can take that bar down a good 3mm, 4 or 5mm is pushing it.

I thought about spacers, but being et32 they stick out a bit as it is, and another 3mm out might be pushing it, i think they may well catch the arch lip! :?

Chris, they are stunning mate. I think I prefer them to the ZW1s actually.

Looking forward to seeing them on the car.

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but cake them in some really good car wax because speaking from my own experience of RH, they bloody need it! If you're using them over winter, soak them in WD40....

Those things are much better than ZW1's. Mine are mint and i've had them since may 2000. My ZW1's are already getting the dreaded white vains around the bolts :mad: .

Bally, were you at mk cruise sunday night after spring festival??? was there in my vr and spied one just like your pic. looked tidy. was funny as all the boy racers raced off fast and furious style!

Car looks quality! Cant wait to see it when you've finished all your plans for it

PM me when you change the front grille if your still selling the standard one??

I decided that I couldnt stand seeing the wheels sitting in my hallway anylonger, so got some 3mm spacers for the fronts and put them on this morning. Driving VERY carefully at the moment for fear of doing them any harm what-so-ever. bring forth the opinions!

DSCF2064.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

hanging out the window trying to get a shot of them spinning...failed but I still quite like the photo!

DSCF2074.jpg

they're 205/40/17's tornado's :? went for the cheapo option! they dont catch on either lock which I was suprised about.

i think it looks mint

i wouldnt say the tires are too big.

thing the light makes them look curvy which make them appear larger than i bet they actually are.

i reckon anyway.

isnt that the same rims as you used to have Lee?

makes a change to ZW1's at least

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah i'm liking that !! Love silver Corrados!!, and the RH rims really do suit it aswell. Don't like many 5 spoke designs but these and ZW1's look really good.

Chris,

they are the nuts, I like them even better than the more expensive ZW1's. :-P

The tyres perfect too. I kept these pics as I liked them so much.

Nice looking VR !!! Good to see you picked up another Raddo, and do like the wheels you've added.

cheers all! still super-paranoid over them at the moment and the spacers are creating a fair amount of steering wheel wobble at speed, so the sooner I get the caliper carriers 'modified' the better. also think one of my front struts might be goosed since the front drivers side was catching on bumps and when I investigated that side is a good few mm lower!!

Storm, well i'll be... I looked everywhere for pics of them on a corrado and could only find them on a20lee, should've asked really I guess! mmm flaired arches...i'm tempted!!