Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

today ill be finishing the oil cooler off, then attempting to make a replacement locking wheel nut key out of an old socket using my angle grinder.

just had a blinding idea i could push bluetac into the wheel bolt to get an imprint of the key!

Not a Corrado but.. pfft.. I started the thread ;)

Fitted a replacement alarm LED surround in the door so that instead of a red flashing LED, I now have a nice bright blue one instead :D

ha ha it worked i got the bloomin wheel bolts off finally i can get the front shocks off and have them refurbed!

Finally got around to fitting my suspension today, after about a year of waiting! 40mm drop makes such a difference, very pleased with the results overall.

It's sooo much easier doing these jobs when you've got a proper workshop, ramps, airline etc.. to hand - I'm eternally endebted to the guy that allowed me to use it!

Saw a very nice camper van there too, not to mention some glorious old e-types.

Few pics in here...

Got my Grey G60 through it's MOT yesterday.... all I needed to do was change the numberplate light bulbs... 8)

Got home, put on the handbrake and BANG! the cable snapped... :roll: still, at least I got the certificate FIRST so I can tax the thing on Monday... :lol:

fitted my interior. that feels better!!

fitted my ULTRA-RARE Porsche RS BBS steering wheel too. it may have pink bits on it, but the purple bits match my car and it's too rare to re-trim or re-dye so it's staying gay.

fitted my ULTRA-RARE Porsche RS BBS steering wheel too.

thought MJ had your trim

fitted my ULTRA-RARE Porsche RS BBS steering wheel too.

thought MJ had your trim

Maybe he's got it back now .. :wink:

he's only got my front seats

I fitted evrything else! except the carptets, they are still wet from a marathon 5 hour cleaning session yesterday, they were absolutely minging.

beige carpets...what a crazy idea!

fitted th oil cooler (mocal sandwich plate and allard turbo radiator) and it doesnt leak or anything woo hoo! that was quite a nice job to do actually!

ULTRA-RARE Porsche RS BBS steering wheel too

have you got a pic i like bbs wheels but its really hard to find real ones it seems an origional rs one sounds gorgeous pink bits or not!

Fitted new oil cooler (std) and Neuspeed stat - filled it up with coolant and discovered that the pipes on the GSF cooler are marginally smaller than those on the original one and it's leaking... :mad: Mind you, I suppose it's my fault for not fitting worm-drive hose clamps instead of the VW spring-type ones...

Also discovered that the plastic coolant pipe junction at the front of the block is damaged and leaks now, so car is undriveable and I have to pull a sicky for work tomorrow so I can get it fixed...

Swore copiously in the process and threatened her with being sold unless she behaves from now on...

Swore copiously in the process and threatened her with being sold unless she behaves from now on...

i did that first thing this morning when as soon as i put my hand in the engine bay i cut my finger :( went ok after that though!

have you got a pic i like bbs wheels but its really hard to find real ones it seems an origional rs one sounds gorgeous pink bits or not!

12_1_b.JPG

da_1_b.JPG

the middle bit is actually quite a lot darker than it loks int hose pics, its onlt eh end bits that are pink.

my mate reckons it's off a really limited edition RS, and they only made 10!?!? not sure if that's true or not.

can't complain for £30.

fitted a vibratech front mount and a short shift kit off daves16v,

not had chance to try it yet as its 11.35 :-)

the short shift took about 40 mins to fit and reduces the throw a lot !

cheers dave, mine will be with you probably tuesday or wednesday

gixxer let us know how you get on with it been thinking about one too

phat thats nice, very nice pink is this years colour apparently!

Yesterday I put in 2 autometer gauges, boost and oil pressure, and a gauge pod into the center part of my dash, gauges have LED conversion kit in red. Today I put in bilstein sport rear suspension, and tuesday I am putting in the sport front suspension and changing the rack and pinion as well, with new tie rods.

drove about without any oil leaks/stalling/cutting out/farty noises from exhaust/bits of exhaust falling off/juddering/skidding/windows going down but not up/punctures/warning lights coming on......... it was a beautiful time......... tho am sure it wont last long......... :)

got the shocks off ready to be refurbed hope they can do it one of the rebound/compresion adjusters it broken. oh well if they cant ill be in the market for a new set of coilovers!

replaced circlip on gear lever... got one free from dealers, didnt fit! then dropped it down the gap under gear lever along with one of the trim clips DOH!!!

but went back in and they gave me a handfull of various ones to try (AGAIN FREe)

COOL!!!