Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

took off the bumper off judes 8v as when we hit a dog it bent pretty badly :( so will have to straighten out the cross member valance a bit before a new lower bumper grill goes on and refit it with some new bolts and give it a lick of paint before it goes back on. :?

Amazed at how good Kates car looks when its clean the paint work looks good enough to jump in fantastic work and it wasnt even waxed :D :luvlove:

Amazed at how good Kates car looks when its clean the paint work looks good enough to jump in fantastic work and it wasnt even waxed :D :luvlove:

Only if you like swimming in bird crap! I planned to clean it but decided against it since the feathered blimps were hanging about again :(

Only if you like swimming in bird crap! I planned to clean it but decided against it since the feathered blimps were hanging about again :(

Im jelous of your paintwork once im happy with engine i think paint job next :D

Drove her, washed heer then drove her some more, been a long time getting herr ready but loving the driving experiance. :clap:

Changed the oxygen sensor to a geniune Bosch one for Corrado G60 (not an universal one, £50 from the bay).

Re-tightened the rear wheel bearings. (Is that the correct word for the job..? :shrug: )

Replaced the plastic thingies on the seat runners - no more wobbling around!

Replaced the other handbrake cable. Dealer only had one in stock when I worked underneath the car last time..

popped the 500 mile old heater matrix on the way back from the pod :lol:

and am just in from fittin a replacement sunroof bought at the pod :clap:

Well went to a friend of mine's uncle's house, he lives on an army rifle range which means loads of open space and a workshop :D. He's bought an "84 Mazda RX7 for a bit of a brucey bargain and we were up there to get it running and start getting it ready for an mot, as it's been stood for 10 years!

02042010387.jpg

yesterday evening I fitted a pair of track rod ends and centralised the tracking that the muppet who tracked it didnt do 5 turns for the drivers track rod end and 18 for the passenger side no wonder it rubbed fon full lock :censored:

and I fitted a heater motor resistor pack so it now has a 4 speed heater :clap:

anyone wanting a resistor pack might be struggleing now as vw only had 2 left and I have one of them :D as its been discontinued :o

I still enjoy looking through the rear veiw mirror when it goes up

I still enjoy looking through the rear veiw mirror when it goes up

me to now the quick sin turned into 30 mins sin

I managed to stop mine from working for a bit.. I was gutted :lol:

Shaun's old tailor made 2.5" SS catless exhaust - started fitting it just before Easter and took it for a run to Oulton Park Easter Monday races - day out for VAG-hag, his GF + me.

Fits like a dream but blew slightly from front flange joint - thought I had a new gasket in, but re-used old one!

Final phase of fitting today - fresh gasket ont' front flange joint.

Burbles lovely at idle and at speed, responds to loud pedal in volume and umph, seems to smooth the torque out, just keeps coming on stronger all the way up to 6.5k rpm and probably beyond.

Haven't any photos yet, but photos of it on Shaun's perfect storm below:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf's old 2.5 System.jpg[/attachment:eyewpja3]

's old 2.5 System Tail.jpg[/attachment:eyewpja3]

Yep, woke up and missed mine this morning, it's in my local trusty garage's clutches getting new front wheel bearings and a torn CV boot replaced, oh, and new top mounts - due back tomorrow. I have a very nice Mk2 GTi sitting outside, but it's just not the same. Roll on the weekend and dry, grippy roads and dry, loose, dusty mountain biking trails in the Peak :)

Not really 'what i did to my Corrado'

It's just that its 1 day closer to me getting my Corrado.

15 days to go..... and counting!

Not really 'what i did to my Corrado'

It's just that its 1 day closer to me getting my Corrado.

15 days to go..... and counting!

Me too… but only 2 days to go! Picking up my car on Saturday.

And I sold my old car today as well!

WIN! :clap:

Painted the headlight reflectors black (obviously only the not needed reflective parts) :D

Big improvement dont you think? Gives the front end that little bit more attitude :D

just gave the first wheel its coulour as im refurbing them in anthracite.. not looking forward to spraying the 2 pac clearcoat tho i think i should have baught a mask lol :gag: :gag:

Painted the headlight reflectors black (obviously only the not needed reflective parts) :D

Big improvement don't you think? Gives the front end that little bit more attitude :D

Yeah, its really easy to do as well which is a bonus, gave me a change to give the lens' a good clean too!

I've wanted to do it since I saw Kev's avatar but hadn't gotten around to doing it, now i've got to find something to do with a practically full tin of hammerite :lol: