Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Decided to put some new front brake disks and pads to the VR...Not managed to get very far, got defeated by the caliper carrier bolt. Its :censored: tight...

Gonna try again another day...

If you stil dont have any luck mate, try the Irwin bolt grippers. i struggled for a couple of days trying to get the carrier bolts off and they wouldnt budge. Took 2 mins to get the bolts off when using the irwins. :D

not as 'getting hands dirty' type of work as above posts - i really haven't a clue :lol: but, after it's been sat up / in garage for over 3 weeks, I treated her to the full works.

wash & dry with cham'y

full vacuum

and after-wash detailing, which included liberal use of 'Back to black' :ignore:

this may of had an adverse effect :confused4: (see new post)

Ooh, I can sympathise with you there Rob, my oil cooler blew it's seal. Nearly broke my heart seeing so much oil dumped into a lay-by. Hope your C is running nicely again now though. Mine still runs sweet as....!! lol

Found that my passengers carpet was soaked...again, removed door cards and resealed the membrane...fingers crossed its ok now. While the doorcards were off i fitted the new windows rollers, havent tested them yet for rattles...

Also did a DIY heated seats mod :D works brilliantly (i've got black fabric seats), although the base gets warmer than the upright, thinks that's got something to do with the seats rather than the heating pad. Passengers side is done and in, just got to do the drivers now. Works on a 2 way rocker switch HIGH - OFF - LOW, however I am looking for one that i can fit that looks VAGish to suit the rest of the interior, preferably one that lights up so it can match my other switches if anyone has any ideas?...

I did start to document it but it takes quite a bit of modding the pad to get it to fit properly and i did that without taking photos so when i do the drivers I will take some more photos and do a write up for anyone interested

Swore a lot when I snapped the serpentine tensioner pulley - BALLS!

If there were a "what will I be doing tomorrow" thread it'll be ordering a new tensioner.

Swore a lot when I snapped the serpentine tensioner pulley - BALLS!

If there were a "what will I be doing tomorrow" thread it'll be ordering a new tensioner.

Fixed the issues from 'yesterday' and was happy with the motor started up and is running sweeter than ever

Today, well tonight, i stripped out the wet carpet in preparation for tracking down the leak. Looks as if its coming from the area of the foliage grill seal. This would also make sense as the clip was off the grill, so a good seal is not gonna be achieved. Think i'm also gonna check the sunroof seals and door skin membranes too.

Finally after 8 years ownership, I bought a new - secondhand near side Fog Lamp.

She is bound to go faster now too, no crack on the light to reduce wind flow !!!! :lol:

Swore very loudly at it as I started loosing the gears... again.

Pulled over, pulled the gaitor up,

Garage never replaced the tension spring on the shift tower when they did the gearbox like I asked them to so I couldn't even do a quick temp fix to get me home had to phone out my breakdown cover.

Absolutely fuming, fed up of dealing with incompetant garages.

Washed it, polished it and drove it for the first time in over a year, just as sweet as I remembered it :)

Washed it, changed oil+filter, put on some "spare" tires and put it into hibernation for the winter ;)

So back to driving my "Corrado Support vehicle" - Passat VR6 :)

hate it when a little plastic double-ended hose connector breaks and your coolant blows everywhere...

...especially when you're wearing a brand new suit cos you had a job interview.

Fortunately, I was on my way back (from Humberside Airport) from the interview, and the hose blew off near the Childrens/Hallamshire hospital... close enough for a friend to rescue me with some toolkit and water... could have been worse, could have been 50 miles away from home and got the AA to tow me

Fitted my upgraded headlight loom...AMAZING! What a difference, esp on full beam. Just like a new car, white light not yellow.

Also, soldered a rear number plate light wire after it was emergency bodged to get through the MOT (was the only item it 'failed' on.

Finally, replaced the thermal fuse on the blower motor, so all 4 speeds are back.

Tonight i removed the headlights and detailed the silver bit inside. The drivers side one was a right git as the rear fixing screw was heavily corroded, its always the most difficult to reach one that corrodes nicely....

Changed the dash lights to red. Still need to change the LCD displays, but have not got a small enough splined bit.

It's not as pink as the pic, but much nicer on the eye. Displays next, then start the cabin lights next :)

dashlightsRED-1.jpg

fitted new power steering belt and gave it a good wash & clay bar,followed by a good polish and much needed hoover! :)