Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Terminate them beatnicks! Grrr ;(

Hope you solve it.

Washed, waxed and cleaned today.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Terminate them beatnicks! Grrr ;(

Hope you solve it.

Washed, waxed and cleaned today.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Got it near enough back to how it was...

Spent a couple of hours with various compounds and polishes today and borrowed a mop to speed things along.

Still a few scratches but miles better than it was the otherday.

Replaced my fuel tank straps with some nice black powder coated ones, whilst the straps where off, I trial fitted some shiney stainless steel ones. Which I will fit one day :cool:. I also replaced my rear ARB mounts/straps as I was missing a strap on one side, NOT very happy with the replacment straps, so am looking for some new one to do all over again.

Replaced passenger top mount with genuine one.

Replaced ecu vacuum hose... Old one measured 85cm??? May explain a few issues at full tilt.

Replaced both door catches... Passenger door now sits flush again :)

Got tracking and camber done again!!!

The bolts that secure the ball joint to the wishbone snapped on my way to work so had to replace them... They were febi ones bought from AVS. Used the ones that were fitted previously to replace them

We'll not technically today but the other week I replaced the water bump on my 24v conversion, bloody tight, had to jack the engine up almost 4 inches to get access to it.

Now she's sat on my drive awaiting tax and an MOT, then she might get driven this year! lol

Replaced the cheapo leads previous owner fitted to the VR (which disintegrated in the process too naturally!) did the plugs, fitted new Beru dizzy cap and rotor arm, fitted up Magnecor leads and now he runs like silk again! :D

On Saturday I took the car back to the garage that fitted the cat. The exhaust tip has been hitting the rear bumper cut-out since they fitted it. They adjusted it again but it hasn't seemed to make much difference. To be fair to them it always did knock a little and I think things sit just slightly different with the cat back on (replacing the decat). They suggested that the only permanent solution might be to weld a new bracket in place.

So today I had a go at a simpler solution using an exhaust strap and some zip ties from Halfords... it worked!!!!! To start with... When cold the car is lovely and quiet. No knocking. But when the exhaust is hot it starts knocking again. Looking theough some old threads on here I suspect it may be knocking on the axle or somewhere else.

Damnit!

At least I know that a simple bracket won't fix it. I guess I'll have to get under the car and see where else it's knocking. But having massively improved it when cold it gives me hope. I suspect though that I may need them to start welding bits on.

Edited by Portent

removed the fusebox yesterday to try and get out the melted fuse blade stripped it down and repaired it today i reinstalled it now all i need to do is get a new relay and hopefully the little beast will run again

fitted boost guage :) drove it blew off boost pipe fixed it and all is well again :)

got insured today via classicline £364 fully comp.... happeeee :-)) gonna give the beast a blast up2 scotland........ polish n waxed ready....... drive of my life...... been stood around for 6 months due to ban...............

Picked up the Gnu from the bodyshop after three weeks. Had a cruise around and polished up a polished car. Smug grin:smug:

Fitted a pair of clear side indicators as the plastic had fallen off one!

Changed both the door pins as the drivers door wasn't closing properly and hey presto £2.95 later it is!

And finally got the Rado booked in for a full TOAD alarm check up and fix as things aren't doing what they should.

Fitted a new front VW badge today, not that interesting in itself, however as you can see from before and after it is very good. Non genuine pattern part but delivered for only £20.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]66605[/ATTACH]

Let me know if you want me to get one delivered for above cost, told by VW that now obsolete so presume there may be a few of us after one

I got my subs and amp fitted in on sunday just need to attach the - and + wires and all is sorted :)

BASS BASS BASS :D

Fitted my 65mm pulley and red top injectors... replaced rubber fuel lines whilst i was at it.

Will take it out later to see what difference it makes.

Just need a map not to fully suit it

I just sorted out the stero today :D

A nice set of 13cm Kenwood speakers in the front doors and 2xKenwood 10" subs in a ported box in the boot powered by a 1200watt amp (cant remember the make)

She sounds awesome i cant wait to get away from my house to properly test it as i got halfway and thought that neighbours probably wouldnt be to happy with it going any louder hehe :D

---------- Post added at 7:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:07 PM ----------

I just sorted out the stero today :D

A nice set of 13cm Kenwood speakers in the front doors and 2xKenwood 10" subs in a ported box in the boot powered by a 1200watt amp (cant remember the make)

She sounds awesome i cant wait to get away from my house to properly test it as i got halfway and thought that neighbours probably wouldnt be to happy with it going any louder hehe :cheers:

The wind deflectors look mint dont they Nathan. :D

Yesterday i managed to scuff one of my front alloys on the kerb after the car slipped off the kerb. its not TOO bad, but ive been so careful and a slip in concentration is all it too - gutted. Looking to get it repaired. :(