Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Yesterday i checked front engine mount was all ok - it was, so the mysteries juddering is coming from somewhere else.

Fitted new window rollers, so no more rattling window :D

Today - gave it a much needed wash, now needs a good claybar, which i started until the spray ran out. So need to get another kit and do it, before i can polish and wax it. Found the rust under the rear wing - reg plate light area has got a little worse. Need to get that sorted along with the front wing, which is also now rusting. Damn rust!

Gave her a wash again, been doing it every couple of days lately in anticipation of a hosepipe ban in my area! Also degreased and cleaned the engine bay, and painted rear calipers and carriers up. Will do the fronts next week.

---------- Post added at 2:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 2:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:55 PM ----------

Cant you use just water with the clay bar???

You can but it doesn't offer very good lubrication. Any quick detailer will be good, or Demon Shine which is cheap as chips from Asda or anywhere else works very well as a lube or QD too!

ASDA ey, i'll check it out. I feel the spray bottle you get with the kits just isnt enough. Especially considering you get 2 clay bars - well you do with the Meguiars kit anyway.

Fitted my gearbox plate.

bcdd104e-5548-0dc5.jpg

Think it was the first ever "5 minute" job I've done on the C without something else breaking!

ASDA ey, i'll check it out. I feel the spray bottle you get with the kits just isnt enough. Especially considering you get 2 clay bars - well you do with the Meguiars kit anyway.

you can also use a 50/50 mix of car shampoo and water, just wash the car after.

Replaced mix of different screws in drivers side under tray with complete set of genuine screws of same type and size. All sits nice and firm now.

Finished refurbishing my spare passenger and drivers inner handles. They were quite poor condition and had been replaced with much better versions, so I had nothing to lose by giving it a try. So I wet sanded them down lightly with fine paper to take the rough edges off any scratches. Then thoroughly cleaned them. I didn't have any primer so I gave them a coating of diluted pva to increase adhesion. Then several coats of Halfords black vinyl spray.

They have come out really well so I will let the paint harden overnight and then fit them in the morning. Very pleased so far.

EDITED for the attrocious phone auto complete errors :)

Edited by Portent

Installed a new oil line for the G-lader plus fittings. I found out the old one (really old and rusty), was sitting wrongly. So the new one sits correct.

Tested the G-lader tensioner (shock), and it works as a new one. But will change it all, when the final belts are here from the vwdealer.

VR6Pete: I bought the last set from Germany, the dealer told me. But you can allways just use three cuts off's from a meter hose in the good vwdealer quality. Eventually, you can reinstall the preotection piece on one of the right side ones, so it works as intended.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

bcdd104e-4869-8401.jpg

bcdd104e-487b-5ba1.jpg

Apologies for the naff photos.

Fitted my new roof rubbers. One side went straight on but the other took over an hour of messing before it sat properly.

Sure are mate. Brand spankers. That's 2 weekly food shops you see there :) not cheap but really does look great. Not worth the price though for what they are but hey ho in for a penny in for over a hundred pounds lol

Gliptoned the front seats and, in the process, discovered a small pool of water in the passenger footwell. Swore lots. Ordered a new seal for the foliage filter housing thing. Cursed snow-melt. Crossed fingers that it's not the door membrane - taking door cards off isn't my thing. Muttered darkly at stone chips.

Not really what I did today, but at The Phirm finally having heated seats connected (just in time for summer!) and coolant leak fixed.

Sure are mate. Brand spankers. That's 2 weekly food shops you see there :) not cheap but really does look great. Not worth the price though for what they are but hey ho in for a penny in for over a hundred pounds lol

Just ordered mine... ouch!!! Thought seeing as I'm doing it right, I might as well not eat for another few months lol.

Continuing on from the what I did today, just rang autoglass to come and replace my windscreen ready for MOT in the next week. Its getting close to my first drive in about 8 Months, I cannot wait!!! Will be going from a 100bhp suzuki swift gti that bangs, creaks and rattles to a 200bhp mint condition, fully rebuilt VR6. Excited is an understatement!

Yeah v expensive, but as you say they make all the difference. The rubber on the inside of mine broken apart and fallen off - new ones do make a difference, at least aesthetically. Where you get them?

Just started my full interior/engine bay strip down and rebuild, not much fun but its going to be worth it in the end!! This is where the OCD kicks in and you end up replacing nearly every part you can!!! :(

I drove it! The storm.

Just done a 60 mile round trip to physio on A roads, Mway and country lanes. Cause the Storm was out and it really needed a bit of movement after all winter sorned and just a 1 mile trip out and back to Elsecar so as the sun is shining today so I thought what the heck, take it and enjoy it...lol

Put on the wiper motor cover and top strut covers. Also started returning the drivers side inner door handle trim... Sanded it back, grey primer, top coats of black vinyl paint. The passenger side came out very well although this one doesn't seem quite as good a finish (yet).

Yeah v expensive, but as you say they make all the difference. The rubber on the inside of mine broken apart and fallen off - new ones do make a difference, at least aesthetically. Where you get them?

I got em off eBay. Had them over a year but only just got around to fit them :)