Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Took my Recaros out and cut them to pieces with an angle grinder. You know, the american way ;) ;) ;)

Took them out for a rebuild with some nice extra features. More later as I get the parts.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Changed the fuel filter on the VR, it looked like the original had not been replaced, and changed the blue engine temp sensor! The car is much more responsive now and performs much better!! Very happy indeed. And I bought a new bonnet for £9.99 to replace my dented one. Happy days. Just bought a golf mk2 and a VR Engine well, so a great week for me. :)

Got the old girl charged up and running (note to self - do not lay the car up the wrong way round in the garage next year). God, it's good to see the Gnu again!

However, a winter of bat and spider **** needs cleaning off. Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow. Book the MOT for next week, get some tax and I'll be much happier!

Tried to find a euro lip and couldnt do it for less than $300. Yeah, i live in the states. Same with the license plate delete panel.

Had a play with two Lupo passenger arms and standard Lupo blades. Passenger side is perfect but the driver's side is 1.5 inches too long when in the vertical position. I'll take 1.5 inches out of the arm, re-weld it and after a quick smooth, prime and some satin black I reckon I'll be there. Very neat compared to the standard wipers ........ well pleased. Many thanks to Supercharged for all the parts.

P1270016.jpg

P1270015.jpg

Shortened the drivers side arm by 4cm, welded it together again, primed and painted .............. perfection, the best £35 I've spent in a long time.

P2030007.jpg

Went to get the body cleaned up and no power. After all that from yesterday. So, un-hooked the battery and that's on charge (I'd give it 5 years if I were a judge). Cleaned all the pipes in the engine and got rid of some nasty corrosion on what looks like an earth terminal that sits near the back of the battery by the water bottle. Still no closer to getting that MOT sorted!

newer radiator in today uprated horns newer wheels on removed the speedo cable ready to replace tomorrow happy days :) i love my raddo :)

I began cleaning up the new (to me) exhaust system that I collected yesterday and stripped my newly acquired back axle ready for powder coating. Just need to sort some new brake flexis and wheel bearings and i'l have everything needed to build it back up with all new bits.

Also sourced a spare G60 head which will be ported & polished before having uprated lifters/tappets ready for a cam (undecided which one yet) and that will be put on next winter.

Just about to order a new shiny set of bolts from this site so that my front end refresh is complete.

oil change... and still trying to find the source of my petrol leak that dosnt leak every day grrrrrr weekend will hunt further lol but daily routine is a good clean and petrol as she is quite thirsty lol

Well, technically mine covers yesterday and today...

Replaced my cracked front indicator (Cheers Johnny H) - probably the easiest car job I've ever done.

Pulled out the ancient Sony stereo and CD changer that was bigger than a loaf of bread and fitted a new stereo - again very easy as the correct ISO adaptors were all there, as was an aerial signal booster (which wasn't working previously for no other reason than the little 12V power supply wire had been earthed? Last owner said it had 'just stopped working'. Clearly it can't have ever worked).

Think I've traced the source of my lights misbehaving back to a blown indicator

Replaced the stuck open thermostat - probably the most labour-intensive 'stat I've ever done, and rolled over into this morning when I pulled the old front flange off the housing to find it was made of cheese and cracked through. Thankfully VW Harlow got one in for this morning, and it all seems to be a go. Engine heats up much quicker and operates within normal temps now. Much happier.

PUT in £20 of fuel - 40 miles later of 'spirited' driving, having owned the car for a week, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the best cars I've ever driven. I'm addicted to that VR6 noise in an almost sexual way...needs more fuel now though!

Bulb off so took out my chrome number plate light facia, well I say chrome, that term is to be used very loosely,!!!

Any ideas for tarting it up? Screws needed too as those got drilled out. :D

Removed the horrible chrome finish window tints today. Luckily tint it self came off fairly easily in one or two chunks but glue is taking longer.

Anyone have any tips for it? White spirit just takes ages!

Removed the horrible chrome finish window tints today. Luckily tint it self came off fairly easily in one or two chunks but glue is taking longer.

I had some residue duck tape on a bike and tar & bug remover did a good job of getting rid. Did require some elbow grease, but overall easier than I thought it would be. Not sure if glue from tints would be "stickier".

Freshly charged battery back in and Vasaline on all the connectors. Air in the tyres. Currently keeping fingers crossed for tomorrows MOT.

If you live with a lady I find nail varnish remover works pretty well, not sure if it'll be any better than white spirit though :scratch:

I've found the white spirit works better with a plastic credit card as a scraper.

Gonna try the window tint place next to MB, see what they recommend.

Finally braved the cold cold garage and finished fitting my Schrick manifold, all plumbed in and the old girl started first time :cheers: Now to tidy up and put it all back together for this years MOT:dance:

Edited by beastie4126

I have worked the last few weeks without a day off so today I decided to take the VR out for a spin, but unfortunately the battery was dead! So whilst waiting for the battery to charge I decided to do some small jobs to the car. First was to replace the snapped bonnet cable, which broke when I was lifting the bonnet to disconnect the dead battery! Luckily I had a spare cable off the G60 I broke for parts. Next I removed the drivers door card and membrane and replaced the two window rollers, as the old ones kept popping out! Then cleaned the ISV and maf sensor with carb cleaner, WD40 and electrical cleaner. And finally the last job was to reconnect the battery and go for a spin!!! I went straight to the petrol station, and managed to use £15 worth of fuel spinning around this afternoon, woooops, haha. :)

Cleaned the last of the glue left over from removing the window tints, found some stuff called Tardis tar and glue remover on eBay for a fiver. Worked very well!