Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

bought some OEM brand new Floormats and some OEM Side Repeaters, gotta be orange not clear for me

What condition is your old drivers mat in mate? I'm after just a drivers mat for mine.

---------- Post added at 5:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:39 PM ----------

Been cleaning up engine bay and plastics today.

What condition is your old drivers mat in mate? I'm after just a drivers mat for mine.

---------- Post added at 5:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:39 PM ----------

Been cleaning up engine bay and plastics today.

It's in a shocking state! Basically the top half of it is missing! I paid £55 from local VW Stealer, with a 10% CCGB discount, for the new ones

It's in a shocking state! Basically the top half of it is missing! I paid £55 from local VW Stealer, with a 10% CCGB discount, for the new ones

Do you know the part number as I have been to the local dealer and they were not interested in finding them for me (didn't even look them up) and said they are not made anymore so they can't get them. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 7:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:56 AM ----------

Do you know the part number as I have been to the local dealer and they were not interested in finding them for me (didn't even look them up) and said they are not made anymore so they can't get them. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 7:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:56 AM ----------

Not sure on part number because the invoice they gave me just listed the indicators. He had to order them, but said that there were quite a few sets available. It is Drift Bridge Banstead (Surrey) if you want to give them a call. Though Veedubmachine in Cornwall supplied my last set, also a couple of sets on eBay currently

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Not sure on part number because the invoice they gave me just listed the indicators. He had to order them, but said that there were quite a few sets available. It is Drift Bridge VW, Banstead (Surrey) if you want to give them a call. Though Veedubmachine in Cornwall supplied my last set, also a couple of sets on eBay currently

Fitted the 42 Draft Designs PCV fix kit to my VR - as I was sick of buying replacement hoses - hopefully that's a permanent solution now!

Today I got a mate of mine who's learning to mop and detail etc give mine a quick go to remove the moss and crap that have accumulated after 2 static years! In exchange I fitted a stereo and did some other bits on his Leon.

Took out the number plate light assembly (is that too big a word for such a small part?) and replaced it with the same off the tailgate i got from Gareth last weekend. Gave the lens a good wash and replaced the blown bulb then ditched the rusty screws for some nice shiney self-tappers.

Off up to Birmingham this afternoon to purloin a driver-side door which i can strip down at my leisure for various odds and sods, and tomorrow morning, i'm having a new stainess steel exhaust back box fitted at Brierley Hill. Going for a Mid-Sport sound with oval tail -

pipe. 120 sovs on eBay!

Edited by VR-Sixy

More details on this kit tiger?

This is the kit -> http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Mk3-VR6-PCV-Fix_p_309.html

Awesome have the kit listed on their website, but when I ordered it from them they phoned up to ask if my car was lhd, when I said it wasn't they cancelled the order. So I bought it direct from 42Draft. The main bit in the kit is the metal tube to replace the crank breather. I was on my 3rd or 4th oem breather and sick of replacing them.

There was an interesting review of some draft 42 products on VR6OC - http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?504839

Think with a little more attention to detail they could be some sellers from them, PCV stuff looks interesting, but would it not make sense just to pick up a new valve from ford, the prices ain't that far apart?

This is what I did today. Started stripping my front end for engine removal. The start of my full make it like new project! Found some nice rot on the Rad support.[ATTACH=CONFIG]73938[/ATTACH]

Tried to bleed my brakes again but still no pedal when I turn the engine on. What am I doing wrong??

Didn't drive it. For about the first time in five years it spent a whole day sitting in the drive. Not counting the couple of days off the road replacing the crank pulley.

Tried to bleed my brakes again but still no pedal when I turn the engine on. What am I doing wrong??

Join the club. You're prob doing nothing wrong, ive always found bleeding the Cs brakes a challenge. Just takes some persistance

replaced spark plugs (bosch from Euros) and leads from dubpower, car idles and revs so smoothly.

Yesterday I went to change the plugs only to find my VR was only running on 5 pots as the ht lead was broken , so what I thought was a pretty quick car just got a bit quicker :D

Today I fixed my wipers and wash jets, was told by last owner it was the pump that was broken but I ignored this and purchased a new stalk instead and I was right :) next step is to get my spoiler working again

---------- Post added at 4:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:04 PM ----------

Yesterday I went to change the plugs only to find my VR was only running on 5 pots as the ht lead was broken , so what I thought was a pretty quick car just got a bit quicker :D

Today I fixed my wipers and wash jets, was told by last owner it was the pump that was broken but I ignored this and purchased a new stalk instead and I was right :) next step is to get my spoiler working again

Yesterday not exactly to the Corrado but certainly for the corrado installed a ramp in front of the garage.

DSCF6778_zps4b23a200.jpg

So the Corrado has to spend a few days outside.

c01a9f9a-7b80-4ad3-8d0f-18fe65cc9510_zps8886838d.jpg

Today I took her for her first road trip and was smiling all the way :). The trip threw up some gremlins thou, ABS light coming on sometimes under braking and not going of untill a stop and start, temp gauge not working/working/ not working again and the indicators stoped then started working, I do really hate intermitent faults.

Drove it. Spiritedly. With the roof open, windows down and music on. God I love this car :)

I was about to get a few bodywork items done but I think that will have to wait a few more months as I just blew the Corrado savings by booking an impromptu trip to see my brother in Groningen via Amsterdam next weekend :dance: :wave: :bounce2:

EDIT: MurdocMac that looks fantastic.

Edited by Portent

Finally fitted my handbrake tunnel kit of Dave! Only took me 2 years get around to it, great bit of engineering :)

fitted a push button start, changed the spoiler rise button to start engine. absolutely wicked mod! was gonna be a temp solution to a broken key barrell but so pleased im gonna keep it

A quick wash and polish followed by a leisurely cruise down the coast admiring things behind me in my recently fitted new mirror glass. Is it just me or do all Corrados go better when they are clean?

P5190013.jpg

P5190012.jpg

P5190011.jpg

P5190009.jpg

P5190008.jpg